Woodmaster 4400 trouble shooting

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Noisydogs

Jan 30, 2018
Brimson, MN
Hi, I'm new here, found this forum searching for trouble shooting a woodmaster 4400. Not getting proper draft. Replaced blower, now ordered a laminated thermostat as draft flap isn't opening. (Got a stick in it now.) Stack is clean, baffle is clean, pulled out excessive ash. Still not getting a good draft. I read somewhere that the door might need to be taken apart to clean it up. How do I do that? This stove has been great for 3 years (bought new) any ideas/help would be appreciated as I am running out of things to try. Thanks in advance.

There are more members over at "This Website" who have the same unit. That site is dedicated to outdoor wood furnaces.

Check that your blower fan is on properly by comparing the orientation of the vanes to the old unit, maybe? Is it calling for the fan when it should? Did you replace the flapper, is it in good condition? Did the flapper open properly before replacement?