Woodmaster AFS 900

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

oliver5528

Jun 24, 2008
Northern Maine
I installed one of the afs900. I love it!! I am heating 1400sqft of house(radiant), 750sqft of garage(hot air), and all my domestic water. All on Barley!! There are many Maxims being installed in my area and the afs900 has them beat hands down. All I do is feed the boiler just like feeding the cows. I was having a lot of ash building up so I cleaned daily, after talking to the factory they told me not to clean it. The ash from the grain actually will keep burning after it is in the ash pan. Every 2 weeks I take out a few scoops to make room. The auto ignite works well and the boiler starts and stops as needed, no idle mode to keep a fire burning.

JC

Status
Not open for further replies.