Woodstock ph repair

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

georgepds

Minister of Fire
Nov 25, 2012
Last Saturday night I noticed the left rear cast iron pillar on my wood stock was loose. If I pushed it with my hand both the pillar, and the soapstone corner it holds in, would move back and forth about ¼ “

Uh Oh, I imagined, what if the pillar is held in by a bolt on the interior. I’d have to remove the top of the stove

But no, when I looked Sunday morning, when the stove was cool enough to approach, it was a simple fix. There is a set screw on the top of the cast pillar that had come loose. Don’t know why it was loose, but tightening it with an allen wrench solved the problem

It's sure nice when the fix is easy like this.

I don't see a blow-up parts diagram on the website, like they have for the cat-only stoves, but like you, I imagined it would be an interior bolt like I've seen on the Fireview. Do you think any cement seams loosened? Those may only be on the inner stone layer of the fire box, the outer stones may have gaskets..I don't know.

I didn’t see, or feel, any gaskets. Neither between pillar and stone, or between the stone corner and whatever it butted into. I think the stove is double walled, and the interior wall holds the fire and smoke in

I reasoned on Saturday night that the stove was under negative pressure, so it would draw air in. That, and I did not see or smell any smoke kept me out of do something now panic mode.