Would YOU burn them @ .99/bag?? SCARY!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
you got the multi-fuel unit.... run 'em!!!

$.99 a bag, $4.99 shipping

I just reported his butt to eBay for fee circumvention. The mention of contacting him for by sales by the ton is a big time no-no on eBay.

yknotcarpentry said:

The seller will loose his shirt trying to ship 40lbs. for $4.99.

I have a multifuel stove and I won't burn them due to no heat at all. If someone dropped them on my door step. I would mix them with a few bags of good ones. But otherwise. There a waste of money.

jtakeman said:
yknotcarpentry said:

The seller will loose his shirt trying to ship 40lbs. for $4.99.

There is no shipping charge on the auction listing. Local pickup only.

Hey now, if I could get them up here I could use them for organic material (composting) we still have a lot of use for it certainly more use than we can recycle from our garden, leaf mulching, etc.

Currently there is 3+ yards of stuff cooking in the bins and the chickens are doing their part with their deep litter composting coop.

Our garden area was increased by a factor of two last year and was increased again this fall and will be again next spring.

I'm the high bidder!!!!!!!

I'd buy e'm for only .99 cents, but only if the seller burned em for me and suffered thru the night for me to!

yknotcarpentry said:

I did realize there was no shipping fee stated and that 4.99 was not listed as an actual shipping cost and know that a real life shipping of this weight would cost more than 4.99. I was just trying to be funny in my dry humor sort of way. Alot of things etc that you can get or find on ebay may be cheap but you pay shipping etc. like the time my wife was so excited she won the bid on some kids toy.... $10 plus shipping, ends up it was coming from australia, $22 shipping, she could have gone out and bought it at the store for less money than what she paid for it. I know hard lesson to learn for some and she is no longer allowed to shop on ebay ;) guess its hard to portray sarcasm through text....

Hey... quit badmouthing these pellets... I'm hoping to get macman into a bidding war.... shhhhhh... don't tell him!

krooser said:
Hey... quit badmouthing these pellets... I'm hoping to get macman into a bidding war.... shhhhhh... don't tell him!

Now all you need is a full load to haul there.

SmokeyTheBear said:
krooser said:

Now all you need is a full load to haul there.
Yep...full load of cheese eastbound and one pallet of Inferno's westbound... if you're gonna go broke ya might as well do it in style!

I think these are the same pellets being sold at my local Price Chopper Grocery store for $5.99 a bag.

Lowes in RI is selling this brand. They are made in Rumford RI. I may buy a bag and try them.

krooser said:

LOL....you have NO worries about me getting involved with that CRAP! I TOFTT last month burning a couple of bags of them (yes, mgambuzza, they are the same ones...I bought mine at Price Chopper).

Krooser, is that really YOUR bid I saw on them???? LMAO

I could use some cheese...stop by my place on the way over there ( I'm right off I-84). Can I get Government cheese? :cheese:

macman said:
krooser said:

LOL....you have NO worries about me getting involved with that CRAP! I TOFTT last month burning a couple of bags of them (yes, mgambuzza, they are the same ones...I bought mine at Price Chopper).

Krooser, is that really YOUR bid I saw on them???? LMAO

I could use some cheese...stop by my place on the way over there ( I'm right off I-84). Can I get Government cheese? :cheese:
Ay don tink ay kin gett no gubmnt cheeze..... I'll meet you at the eastbound rest area in I-84...bring beer!

And YES......it's my bid... I figured I'd get things going for the seller...everybody needs some hope!!!!

up to $1.25 now :)

You know what? I've skimmed this thread more than once, and I see a lot of not on my watch. Well, I've only run into one pellet I won't burn. Quality, raw material and manufacturing process observed and pellets tried. Only one I sucked out of the stove and did a 9 hour clean job after. I have a stove I can Tweak. Yes, I confess I am a stove Tweaker. I won't waste money on junk, but I am challenged by the burn. Betcha I could make 'em cook.

Only trouble is they'd cost me about $130/lb. to pick up..... Guess I'll pass, but never know.

Status
Not open for further replies.