Would you pay $600 for this pellet stove?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

andyfitz

Aug 29, 2008
Baltimore,MD
So i am thinking about pulling the trigger on this pellet stove on craigslist This stove is an "Earth Stove" Natural Fire pellet Stove Model TP40 I am guessing it has some age on it. owners said they bought it last year from another person but landlord wanted them to get wood stove so they are selling it. What do you all think it is worth?

While the stove is a real beauty with the stone insert on the top, manufactures have moved away from positive pressure fire chambers if I remember that the stove uses. Parts are expensive for it too. Yes it has a lot of age on it. I wouldn't mind having it for a secondary but would be hesitant in its use as a primary. Venting properly becomes a very big issue with keeping the stove running properly.
Wow, you joined in 2008?

NO

One sold on craigslist for $200 back in August. My guess being 10 years old is about what it is worth.

1. Pellet Stove - $200 (Clarksville)
    grandrapids.craigslist.org/hsh/5199317991.html
    Aug 30, 2015 · Natural Fire Pellet Stove: Traditions Freestanding Model TP40: The Earth Stove 1990. Was in our cottage. Minimal use the last 10 years but still working great.

Status
Not open for further replies.