XXV Hopper Lid issue

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

RYAN_D

Mar 3, 2023
PNW
I recently bought a new XXV and it is up and running however anytime you open the hopper lid and close it the display reads " hopper lid open" after it is shut. Sometimes it takes 15 tries for it to see the hopper lid is shut. I don't see a switch on the lid. I have reached out to my dealer but they weren't much help. Does anyone know what the stove uses to determine the state of the hopper lid? Thank you

As far as I am aware Harman stopped installing hopper switches in pellet stoves in 2013. If your stove is New then it should not have a switch. That doesn't explain why it is displaying your hopper is open.

Thank you. I didn't see a switch so I was trying to figure out how what they are using to know when the door is open so I can troubleshoot.

I didn't see a switch so I was trying to figure out how what they are using to know when the door is open so I can troubleshoot
I don't know much about Harman's but I would assume that it is sensing pressure with the vacuum switch. Check that your hopper gasket is good no pellet pieces stuck in it no bare spots. Check that hopper lid is shutting tight and flat and that the latch is tight.

Some XXV had hopper lid switch.
XXV touch controls did not,that I remember, it is the pressure differential switch that sets off the warning.

Reactions: Donewithcordwood
I also looked at the diagram. Found no hopper switch. The control panel does sense if the hopper lid, front door, or ash door is open.. By pressure differential switch as mentioned.

Thanks everyone, I appreciate the help I believe you guys are correct and it is using vacuum/ pressure to monitor the hopper lid.

Wanted to give an update to this thread. I found this link to access the dealer area and was able to recalibrate the lid switch and it works like it's supposed to