XXV Versions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CMPTRGK

Oct 21, 2014
Maine
I am looking at a used Harman XXV (2006 Model).

Are there any differences from the current model? I want to make sure I'm not getting a unique version that I cant find parts for. Did some google searches and didn't find any indicators that there were different versions of the model but figured this forum would be a good reference.

The owner said there is a whinning noise at shartup and shutdown, the dealer said it was most likely a gasket issue. Anyone have an opinion on this?

Price is really good for a stove, hearth, vent, and ash vac package.

Thanks

Being an 06 I believe it will have the older feed system,not really a problem.Newer and replacement control boards have latest updates,will work in older stoves.Parts will probably never be a problem.Not even going to guess on the noise.

The control board will be slightly different in it's programming/logic from that of a new one, but like what was already stated a new control board is fully compatible with older stoves. You will have the chain drive older style feed system, little more noisy and complicated than the newer ones that have the auger motor directly hooked up to the auger, there is no switching from the old feed style to the newer feed style, but parts should be available for years to come for the old feed style. There will be other subtle difference, no hopper lid switch, vacuum hose hooked to a different area than new ones, no "crossover" air tube, just little things here and there but overall same general machine as what is made today.

Status
Not open for further replies.