Yearly Maintenance of the Englander 25-pdvc??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

green77bus

Mar 3, 2009
So. New Hampshire
Ok I bought this stove last fall and I want to get it all cleaned up for this winter. I am wondering what everyone else does to the stove to get ready for a heating season.

I am getting ready to order gaskets and want to make sure that I do not need to order more so I can save on shipping and just do it one time.

I had planned to remove the combustion blower and blow out and then replace with a new gasket.
I also planned to remove the burn pot and clean and then replace the gasket on this.

I am wondering if it is necessary to remove the augers and vacuum out the shaft that it travels in.

What else should I be doing in order to get it running efficiently for this coming winter season?

I am also wondering if anyone has found these gaskets anywhere other than the Englander stove site? I do not want to wait to long to order them because I do not want to have the stove down for to long during the cold months.

Thanks for any information that you can provide about this stove.

Erin

green77bus said:
Ok I bought this stove last fall and I want to get it all cleaned up for this winter. I am wondering what everyone else does to the stove to get ready for a heating season................
Thanks for any information that you can provide about this stove.

Erin

Erin, do you have the owners manual? If not, you can see it on the Englander website. P.11, I think, is the one that talks about "Annual cleaning".

As for the gaskets, I know Home Depot & Lowes stock a few replacement parts, but i never saw gaskets other than just rope door gasket material. IMO, just order them from Englander.....then you know your getting the "original" OEM parts.

Mike Holton is a member on this site, and is the Senior Tech for Englander....maybe contact him for more info: send him a PM at "stoveguy2esw", or a regular email to: [email protected]

Just buy them from Englander very quick service bought the early bird gasket kit at my door in three day's. Be sure to order the dvd video it's great also it's free. It shows you how to repair and maintain stove. How many company's give you anything for free!

Status
Not open for further replies.