Your Stove "grades"

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would break it down like this for my stove:

Heat output A+

Hopper Size A

Ease of Cleaning A

Ash pan B

Fan Noise C--- a little loud compared to others

User adjustment D---no way to control burn air

Dealer A

Overall very happy-next stove hopefully would be a little quiter and have more user input on burn air. I need to use zero propane and it has paid for itself already in a year in a half.

I've been a little reluctant to reply here since I don't own a Caddy...I'm new to this site, yet burned pellets since installing a Breckwell Big E in 2008. One things for sure, I've learned the ins and outs of these things and can diagnose almost any problem I'm having. Even rebuilt my own combustion blower. I would have to give it a solid "B" Good heat, fairly reliable (blowers don't last long)

I am just gonn have to toss a grenade into the room and let it rip.

I own two older whitfields and two Quad 1000

The Quads have been good, great heat, ignitors have lasted fairly well.
Heat output is awesome
They are noisy as all get out.

I prefer a manual lite stove that has zero to less gizmos and magic boxes to go sour.

Easy use, good heat, easy to clean and service.

The whitfields have my vote.

Now for the new stuff.

I am not sure I can rate these objectively.

Not into touch pad controls and such stuff.

My solution

Buy used, buy cheap, fix it up, make it work, get tons of return on a small investment.

Just to stir the POT

Snowy

NAW

He does not have a corner on that stuff. :0)

Snowy

NAW

He does not have a corner on that stuff. :cheese:

Snowy

This one's a waste of time. Darn, I guess I wasted my time! ;-P

Unless you're a stove tech or you've owned a bunch of stoves, you really can't rate stoves. It's just personal opinions that have been argued ad nauseum.

Gotta grade my 6039 as a A-. Inexpensive at purchase time, has been a workhorse for almost 3 years. Saved me lots of cash, oil guy hates me. Only 2 problems so far that has been

easily and cheaply repaired. Burned anything I've put in the hopper. Could be a little more efficient, heat exchanger sucks, but bottom line, I'm sitting in front of it right now and its 21 f.

outside and I'm 74f. Boiler is off. I'm still smiling.

Schoondog

Status
Not open for further replies.