Yukon calling it quits

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
I had a Yukon, I was rooting for them! But ultimately it was a 70's design, and they never updated it...and they rode that old mule for every penny!
It had a huge firebox and honestly I had done some mods to mine trying to get to to burn cleaner (and I succeeded too, but then it also got "finicky" so...) I had talked with the guys there and gave them my ideas, but they didn't seem too interested, I thought it was just because they had much better...turns out apparently not, at all. They had even claimed to be making their new clean burn firebox to be able to retrofit to the older units too...sounded good to me, if true...I'm sure EPA and insurance regs probably ruined that, again, if it were true in the first place.
And what happened to the post that I thought was earlier in this thread that talked about them selling all their parts and rights to someone that would service that stuff going into the future? Would really pee me off if I needed some parts for one of these units and couldn't get them, especially the guys that have newer ones! Or if you use it as a coal furnace...the Husky was a better coal furnace than wood for sure! I'd be pizzed to lose it if I heated that way and needed a simple replacement part.

I know this is an old post but I just ran across it now. The Yukon furnace plant is/was about 4 miles from my house. They were working on an epa compliant furnace but the owner died and his daughter took over. My understanding was she had no desire in keeping the company going and in Oct of this year had an auction sale and sold everything. Like has been said previously, they were a well built furnace but were running on 1970s technology.

Reactions: woodey and bholler
I know this is an old post but I just ran across it now. The Yukon furnace plant is/was about 4 miles from my house. They were working on an epa compliant furnace but the owner died and his daughter took over. My understanding was she had no desire in keeping the company going and in Oct of this year had an auction sale and sold everything. Like has been said previously, they were a well built furnace but were running on 1970s technology.
So do you know who ended up with the parts inventory?

Unfortunately, no I don't. I didn't make it to the auction so I don't know if the inventory was sold there or if someone bought it before hand.

Unfortunately, no I don't. I didn't make it to the auction so I don't know if the inventory was sold there or if someone bought it before hand.
Well, if you hear anything how about an update here?
Doesn't matter to me anymore, but I'm sure there are a ton of owners out there that would appreciate it! :cool:
Heck, if you know the daughters name or any contact info, (auction/auctioneer info?) shoot me a PM, I'm ok with doing a little leg work to find out how to access parts for these guys...
(kinda feel bad for the people that bought my old Husky now)

Last edited:
I did a little internet search for "Yukon furnace auction" in Palisade MN. and came up with an auction service...figured that its a small town, they surely know something about the auction...called them, talked with a very helpful lady that said they actually held the auction (wasn't too surprised) and she said there were actually very few parts left...not even enough to assemble one furnace...the parts that were there were sold to different individuals...and the owners daughter/employees have made it known locally that they are done with it, and don't want to be contacted about Yukon parts/service/etc...so looks like the gig is up...permanently. :(

brenn,
Just saw your posts, that's unfortunate that there's nothing left. I know late in the summer they had one big jack furnace they were trying to get rid of but I never thought to ask about any extra parts. If I do hear anything I'll let everyone here know.

I would wonder if the daughter would be willing to come off the drawings/plans to make the parts...I'd bet there is a fab shop out there that would be willing to make the metal parts...and most of the motors/burners/controls/etc can be sourced from other places...

Reactions: Upstate NYer
Are there any companies producing a combination wood oil stove at this time? I am currently running a 31 year old Yukon which I maintain meticulously. But, at 31 years old , it's time to start looking at options.

Reactions: snobuilder
SBI will be re-releasing the Caddy with the wood/oil option soon (supposedly)

the American dream ....unless you are "non compliant"....

Remember when it was the consumer that could/would put you out of business,... now it is the government and the sheep are like....MEH.

Reactions: salecker
The govt. didn't put them out of business, age did. After 52 yrs and now no buyers, they threw in the towel. It happens all the time.

If the goberment hadn't initiated the clean burning regulations...
chances are they would still be in business.
So right or wrong the goberment did accelerate their decline

Reactions: snobuilder