Yukon Husky furnace

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Rkargus

Nov 8, 2022
Imperial, MO
Hi,
I have a 12 year old Yukon Husky furnace had a husky before this one it lasted 25 years. reused the Wane oil burner unit on this 12 year old unit and was wondering if i should replace it. its not firing up as fall is quickly coming. it runs and then shuts off with in 15 - 20 seconds? If so What model should i be looking for?
I understand that Alpha American is out of business so looking for some one who knows what i should be looking for.
Thanks for any help.
Rick

Those burners are pretty standard fare, you should be able to have a local furnace tech repair it. It sounds like it is kicking out on "flame fail"...probably just needs a tuneup. That's what I would do...just call around to get someone out to do a tuneup on a Wayne burner...what brand furnace its in should be totally irrelevant. I'd bet a new filter(s) and a new nozzle will get 'er fixed up...just make sure they replace the nozzle with the same one....HVAC techs have a habit of carrying a few "universal"/common nozzles on the truck and use those on everything...I'd want the exact same part number, unless maybe if they can tell you exactly why there's is better for your situation. (sometimes nozzles can be swapped out for a different type and still get a performance improvement...in the right situation...but your average tech doesn't know enough about it to reliably pull this off)
If you have an ebay account give this guy a call...he REALLY knows his stuff!!