Zero Clerance advice?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MeLikeUmFire

Sep 17, 2009
Lapeer, Michigan
Trying to help me uncle out who lives in Georgia. He has a 2 story house with a Majestic ZC fireplace with the bifold glass doors. The chimney pipe is chased in a wood box on the exterior of his house. What insert options does he have to fit inside the Majestic? Does he have to replace the present piping? I searched the forum...but got even more confused. Thx

I do not know about a majestic.I had a older heatalator zc and I replaced it with a northstar zc had to replace flue pipe also.Most people here say older zc are not rated to put a insert in or not big enough.You would not believe the heat output and how much less wood you use with a new epa unit

I have a small Majestic ZC fireplace with a chase on the outside of the house like you describe, i had a Country (Lennox) C160 Striker insert installed in it, it is the smallest insert Country makes, they also have a slightly larger one that they sell to be put into ZC fireplaces. You well need to run a 6" dia stainless steel liner from your insert flue opening all the way up the existing pipe/chase. The double glass doors on the Majestic well need to be removed, along with the damper and a few other items. I am sure there are a few other brands of inserts that can be installed in the ZC as well

Status
Not open for further replies.