10-cpm dirty stove issue

sculptor Posted By sculptor, Nov 24, 2012 at 12:02 PM

1. imacman

imacman
    Guest 2.
    NULL

P. 16 of the owners manual has all the info on how to change modes, plus the #'s for each.

2. Indiana

Indiana
    Feeling the Heat 2.
    NULL

Dec 5, 2010
    Loc:
    Earth
    Ever since the hurricane, my cpm has been running a little odd also.We had multiple power failures, some for 5 days or more. Sometimes my cpm resets to corn mode #5. I reset it to #1 and did a restart. Not much changed so I continue to run on 1-2-3. I did another reset this morning. Instead of pressing the blower speed up/down I pressed heat range up/down by mistake. The letter "c" appeared in the display. I fumbled with the up/down buttons and a "p" appeared. Is this also a corn/pellet setting? Giving it a try. If anyone has any insite on this let us cpm owners know. Mike H. might have help.

3. jrsdws

jrsdws
    Feeling the Heat 2.
    NULL

Feb 9, 2011
    Loc:
    Central Illinois
    #1 for pellets
    #5 for corn
    #6 for cherry pits

The manual makes no mention of any other setting numbers. Mine came shipped set on #3 and resets to #3.

I don't recall details, but I remember it burned like chit. Imacman helped with the trouble shooting and to put me in mode #1 for pellets and then all was well.

Does the OP's stove have a tstat on it? If not, is the jumper installed? That stove loses its mind without that jumper.

DexterDay likes this.
  4. PatsFan76

PatsFan76
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Oct 10, 2012
    Loc:
    Central Maine
    Just wanted to throw my two cent's in. I have been having a similar issue with my TRCPM and have been following all the advice the Good Folks here have freely given and i stumbled upon something today.
    I just happened to look at the plate inside the door to the left that holds the door latch and there was a huge hole about 3/8 inch wide so the latch pin has room to move. After plugging off the hole my stove has been running like a champ. I have been burning for 12 hours now and the glass hardly has a spec on it also the flame is lively and bright.
    Might be worth a look.