12-13 Stash

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gengle

Three tons of these put up yesterday/today. With some last season Hamer's.
2012-09-21_12-39-19_258_zpsb92ae8c8.jpg

$205/ton and they've got a few left ...

piles_zps3c3775d1.jpg

gengle, Where did u get turmans?. Im on long island and I order 22 tons through pellets now and pay 251 a ton. Love the turmans but id like them even better at 205 a ton

I see a ton of pics of folks with their wood piles but you rarely see too many "years ahead" stashes on pellets, very nice...

Is the pic of the 10 or so tons under the tarp yours? or the ones the store has left?

I see a ton of pics of folks with their wood piles but you rarely see too many "years ahead" stashes on pellets, very nice...

I try to keep 3 yrs of wood and 3 yrs of pellets ;) Wood so its seasoned. And Pellets so I avoid swings in cost. In the last 2-3 yrs, I have not paid over $195 ton. With most being $175-$177/ton. I only burned 2 ton of pellets last year and almost 3 cord of wood. Hope to do about the same this year. Because last year was a lil mild, I hope to burn more wood, and not more pellets.

gengle, Where did u get turmans?. Im on long island and I order 22 tons through pellets now and pay 251 a ton. Love the turmans but id like them even better at 205 a ton

Yes. Please tell. Where abouts for $205! I have been wanting to buy a Ton of Turmans. May be time for a Roadtrip!!! ;)

Got them in South Central PA. Wertz Coal Yard in Mechanicsburg http://www.wertzcoal.com/. Price good through the end of the month.

The pile under the tarp is @ the coal yard where I bought them. Only got three tons but, I really should jump on a few more for the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.