1557m Set-up

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bwhunter85

Feeling the Heat
Aug 21, 2010
Sunfield, MI
Hotblast 1557m. Anyone know a good way to hook a thermostat up to this unit, or use existing central air thermostat to this unit to turn blowers on?

Attachments

• WS.jpg
    WS.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 236
You will find that it may be difficult to regulate the temperature in the home with a woodfurnace. There are units on the market that do operate off of a wall thermostat. You can buy an optional forced draft kit for that furnace, but I do not recommend it. They don't work properly and the kits are expensive. When I had a furnace like that, I ran mine in series. Then I had 2 wires that ran from the limit control to the board of the central furnace to operate the fan only. If you are new to a woodfurnace, some (but few) actually operate like a central furnace. Basically you load the woodfurnace and as long as there is a fire it will run. If you need to regulate the heat in the house, building smaller fires would be not only a way to burn cleaner, but also limit the amount of heat. That unit if wired to only kick on the blowers when heat is needed would overheat quickly. Some wire them like that, but its not safe and not recommended.

Status
Not open for further replies.