1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

1990 Pellet Master Stove wood pellet or coal?

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by toofast4u9100, Dec 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. toofast4u9100

toofast4u9100 New Member

Hello! I have a Pellet Master stove that came with our home but I don't have any information for it. On one site, it looks like a model CRX/PM 2000 but the year was listed as 1992-1996. The tag on the back of my stove says 1990, it also states that it can burn a 1/4" to 3/8" wood pellet (which I have been burning) OR a 3/4" coal nugget. I tried burning rice coal, it worked when mixed with wood pellets but the auger sounded like it was binding and that made me nervous. I was told that there is a coal kit... don't know what this is. They stated that it is no longer available. Can I fabricate my own coal kit? One coal supplier thought I should burn rice coal, but I don't want to break anything. I think Pea coal might be a possibility. Can anyone give me information on this stove with burning coal?

Thank you, your help is greatly appreciated!
    Al

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. zogboy

zogboy New Member

Loc:
    CNY
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.