1995 WHITFIELD QUEST PELLET STOVE

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

afrank2442

Nov 11, 2009
long island
HI ALL, I JUST JOINED THE FORUM, EXCELLENT WEBSITE, VERY INFORMATIVE. SO I JUST PURCHASED A 1995 QUEST FROM THE ORIGINAL OWNER, I WAS SKEPTICAL IT BEING 15 YEARS, FROM A GUY ON CRAIGSLIST IN NY LONG ISLAND. WHEN HE TOLD ME IT WAS 15 YEARS OLD, I TOLD HIM THANKS BUT NO THANKS...LOL. HE SAID WAIT WAIT WAIT , THIS WAS HIS SECONDARY HEAT SOURCE AND IT WAS LIKE BRAND NEW. SO I WENT TO HIS HOUSE AND SITTING IN HIS GARAGE WAS LIKE AN ALMOST NEW 15 YO STOVE HARDLY USED, HOWEVER IT WAS A MANUAL START AND HIS WIFE WANTED AN AUTOMATED START. HE WANTED $850 I MADE A DEAL FOR $750, BOUGHT A $185 SIMPSON PIPE KIT FROM LOWES, BUILT AN AMAZING RAISED CORNER, TILED FLOOR HEARTH FOR $185, STORES WANTED $500 FRIGGIN THIEVES, AND TURNED OFF KEYSPAN GAS COMPANY 3 WEEKS AGO. I LOVE THIS THING, ONLY WISH I DIDNT BUY 1 TON OF CRAPPY APPLINGS AND 1 TON OF PAS, WHICH DONT BURN TOO BAD.......

Attachments

• STOVE.jpg
    STOVE.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 459
Welcome to the forum, Afrank. Thanks for the pic....nice looking install! Hope you have good luck with the stove. Your braver than I am buying a used 15 yr. old stove. You DID get the owners manual with it, correct?

As for the pellets, I did see a lot of advertising for the ACP's on the Island on Craig's list, but they ripped people off big time......too bad. They are crap. Lowes or HD doesn't carry any other pellets??

Oh, and BTW, please turn off the caps lock on your keyboard....your shouting at us!! LOL

sorry about the caps lol.. yes lowes does have other pellets thats how i trouble shooted the ACP . even the mix 20/80 dont work, as soon as the ACPs hit the burn box, the fire is substandard, thanks for the compliment......

Status
Not open for further replies.