Pellet Stove Technician therapy thread

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Oh my God that bad
Reminders me when I was working solar
I went to a house to do the plumbing board and wiring installs
in the basement. Went downstairs to Cat pi$$ and 4 inches of $hit
Turned around and walked out . 4 weeks later was in the same house
basement cleaned and disinfected. Took him 2 weeks straight to do
Only one thing worse than cat $hit on the basement floor, Cat $hit on on a lineolum floor. Slippery stuff..... _g

Every time I read comments on this thread I thank myself I didn't take that job as a solid fuel stove tech.

Some scary stuff here....

What about cat $hit ground into the rotten carpet and subfloor that is bare because the carpet rotted off. Actually in this case it was dog and rat

What about cat $hit ground into the rotten carpet and subfloor that is bare because the carpet rotted off. Actually in this case it was dog and rat

No wonder people get sick from stuff like the Corona virus. You have nerves of steel going into an atmosphere like that. All that stuff is floating around in the air for you to inhale. Not my idea of a good time.

Only one thing worse than cat $hit on the basement floor, Cat $hit on on a lineolum floor. Slippery stuff..... _g

Every time I read comments on this thread I thank myself I didn't take that job as a solid fuel stove tech.

Some scary stuff here....

Even better when the Roomba has smeared it all over the floor.

• Haha
Reactions: rickwai and Ssyko
You are a demented individual.............;lol
No kidding - it happened! Homeowner wasn't home while we were working in the kitchen. Dog took a dump, shortly thereafter the Roomba started its rounds, with predictable results. We didn't know whether to laugh ourselves silly, or just sort of pretend we didn't see it. And no, we didn't clean it up - that's the owner's job. :p And imagine trying to clean the Roomba out :( Makes cleaning a stove out fun, in comparison.

No kidding - it happened! Homeowner wasn't home while we were working in the kitchen. Dog took a dump, shortly thereafter the Roomba started its rounds, with predictable results. We didn't know whether to laugh ourselves silly, or just sort of pretend we didn't see it. And no, we didn't clean it up - that's the owner's job. :p And imagine trying to clean the Roomba out :( Makes cleaning a stove out fun, in comparison.
The Roomba turned into a Boomba spreader....

My wife had one. Was a great cat toy.... Far as cleaning, it was marginal at best. Expensive toy.

Every week we clean the stove and vacuum the blowers just like you told us we should. The fan is covered under warranty isn’t it?

Attachments

• 68A68F21-54C1-4CC7-8861-4B1309F9D8BC.jpeg
    68A68F21-54C1-4CC7-8861-4B1309F9D8BC.jpeg
    133.8 KB · Views: 255
Reactions: rickwai
Every week we clean the stove and vacuum the blowers just like you told us we should. The fan is covered under warranty isn’t it?

Come on, it's not that bad.........:eek:

Kind of glad I came back after a 3 year hiatus burning propane. This is a fun site....lol

By the way, what happened to Lake Girl?

Whatever works I guess

Called 'creative cabbage job' Pretty typical for a home brew install.. I installed one years ago (flat wall install) and when I cut the interior and wall and exterior siding for the wall thimble, too k a look see in the wall cavity and there was NO INSULATION to be seen anywhere. No wonder they needed a pellet burner plus a central furnace, they were heating the outside and the inside...duh.

Young couple. I bet they did a lot of 'cuddling' in the winter....lol

Reactions: Overfireinthehole
Told them it might be a good idea to get an insulation contractor in and insulate between the walls with either blown in or spray foam insulation....

So is global warming. It's really global cooling...

He just wanted to be close to a stud and Power
I really like the invisible surge suppressor

Lol its not even a thimble, why bother with the decorative ring.paint the vent same as the surge protector and never worry about a thing. ;)

I am personally a fan of the paper sticker still on the exhaust pipe.

The house my wife and I live in now was quite cold that first winter, so had it checked out. Inspector said it was the first house he had ever been in with Zero insulation. I mean zero. Several places we took off the trim and could see the outside. VERY cold winter as we only had a tiny little electric furnace. That is what moved us to get a Corn stove and about 18k worth of windows and insulation.

Yeah, I had one of those kind of those calls to work on a Harman Advance. So many cats and litter boxes and nastiness that the whole stove was rusty from the ammonia in the air. And to make it worse the windows were all covered over with black plastic to keep the draft out? They called in this fall for a service call and I refused to go back. Told them to call someone else because we cant take the cat mess.

I am personally a fan of the paper sticker still on the exhaust pipe.

The house my wife and I live in now was quite cold that first winter, so had it checked out. Inspector said it was the first house he had ever been in with Zero insulation. I mean zero. Several places we took off the trim and could see the outside. VERY cold winter as we only had a tiny little electric furnace. That is what moved us to get a Corn stove and about 18k worth of windows and insulation.

I am too. In fact my labels are still intact and readable on my venting after 15 years. That tells me that even if the install sucks, he's not overheating the venting at all.

Yeah, I had one of those kind of those calls to work on a Harman Advance. So many cats and litter boxes and nastiness that the whole stove was rusty from the ammonia in the air. And to make it worse the windows were all covered over with black plastic to keep the draft out? They called in this fall for a service call and I refused to go back. Told them to call someone else because we cant take the cat mess.

Black plastic huh? What were they doing Growing dope?