Recently installed a Englander 30-NCH into my basement from Home Depot that replaced an old unsafe wood burner unit that I removed many years ago. Had a 10% off coupon, so it cost me $900. Fired it up for the 1st time today to begin the paint curing process. One issue I had was that I could not keep the fire going with the door 100% closed. Every time I had a decent fire going, I would close the door and the fire would seem to smother itself out due to lack of oxygen. As soon as I would crack the door open a few mm, the fire would regain it strength. I had the inlet air control fully open as the instructions stated, I moved this back and forth and it did not seem to make any difference on what was going on inside the fire box. The wood I was using was dry (2 years old). What am I missing with this air inlet control, there is no other information on how it is supposed to work besides based on where you set it for low, med, & high burn rates. I did not have a roaring fire going based on the instructions for the paint cure. The flu temp was barely at the proper burn temp on the flu temp device.