1st of the year...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mwinder98

Dec 17, 2014
Pennsylvania
October 3rd, first fire of the year, and with my home made baffle gasket, who else is burning already?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    236.2 KB · Views: 135
Home made gaskets are the sheet... enjoy

That will last 5 years plus.
The new gaskets are a bit different, and I am working on a replacement for those.

That will last 5 years plus.
The new gaskets are a bit different, and I am working on a replacement for those.

About how long does one usually get out of the factory gaskets on average?

Typically one season if you clean anally, or until you remove the baffle for cleaning after burning one season+

What are you guys paying for them at your dealers? Or is there an online source?

I have no idea how much they cost, the closest PE dealer is 45 minutes away, it's not worth driving there when you can make one that's way better.

Last edited:
Made my first baffle gasket as well this year. Alderlea t5, this will be my third season of burning with this stove.

The gasket I made simply encircled the air tube, I wasn't sure if i should also run a piece the length of the baffle. Does that make sense?

I get some nice looking secondary flames coming from the back of the baffle, anyone else have this happen with their home made gaskets?

Sept. 30 was earliest ever by a month. Had a little rain shower while playing golf in shorts and sandals, had to come home and take the chill off...ok, the windows were open too, but it felt great, haha! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.