1st post, a thank you and a cathedral ceiling question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Waxhaw Brad

Nov 10, 2013
Waxhaw, N.C.
I've been reading this forum for a long time and have learned so much. Thank you to all that make this a great community and resource. I bought a Englander 17VL in 2010 that I am FINALLY about to install in the sunroom that I have since built. My wife and I are so excited to be burning wood soon.

A few quick questions that I couldn't find the answer to by searching. When using a cathedral ceiling box, should I used a vented or un-vented roof flashing above it? Second, is there a minimum dimension that the box has to hang inside below the interior finished ceiling? Is it based only on CtC from the ceiling to the protruding chimney pipe?

Thanks again for the help up to this point, I look forward to being a hearth.com member.

BP

I've been reading this forum for a long time and have learned so much. Thank you to all that make this a great community and resource. I bought a Englander 17VL in 2010 that I am FINALLY about to install in the sunroom that I have since built. My wife and I are so excited to be burning wood soon.

A few quick questions that I couldn't find the answer to by searching. When using a cathedral ceiling box, should I used a vented or un-vented roof flashing above it? Second, is there a minimum dimension that the box has to hang inside below the interior finished ceiling? Is it based only on CtC from the ceiling to the protruding chimney pipe?

Thanks again for the help up to this point, I look forward to being a hearth.com member.

BP

Your flashing type & the clearance below the ceiling for your support box are determined by the manufacturer of your Class A. Not all are the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.