1st post

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue Vomit

Minister of Fire
Jul 12, 2011
eastern PA
New here and ready to learn and spout out nonsense. I'm not new to wood burning, just epa wood burning. 1st year with a new Jotul 500 Oslo. Got my seasoned wood, learned that a while ago from lurking here. Lets light some stuff on fire!

Blue Vomit said:
New here and ready to learn and spout out nonsense. I'm not new to wood burning, just epa wood burning. 1st year with a new Jotul 500 Oslo. Got my seasoned wood, learned that a while ago from lurking here. Lets light some stuff on fire!

Welcome aboard

Spouting nonsense is a specialty around here

Welcome aboard. Where abouts are you in Eastern PA ???? There seems to be quite a few of us from eastern PA both northern and southern eastern pa.

Shawn

Welcome to the forum. It's nice to see new people join in the summer who are prepared instead of a fool like me who joins in the winter and is panicking because he can't find seasoned wood.

Welcome again!

Andrew

Welcome to the forum! You've been lurking and finally came out of the closet so you know how it is around here.. Good luck with the Oslo!

Ray

shawneyboy said:
Welcome aboard. Where abouts are you in Eastern PA ???? There seems to be quite a few of us from eastern PA both northern and southern eastern pa.

Shawn

Ya there is a restaurant around here nicknamed "the blue vomit"(officially The Blue Comet)

Welcome to the forum Blue.... But that surely is a strange name! Maybe you can teach some of us a few things.

kettensäge said:
shawneyboy said:

Shawn

Ya there is a restaurant around here nicknamed "the blue vomit"(officially The Blue Comet)

Oh yea almost forgot, welcome, this is thee place to be when it comes to woodburning.

A Jotul Oslo + seasoned wood = pure bliss.

Welcome to the site.

Welcome to the Hearth, Blue Vomit. Reminds me of my first encounter with cherry colored booze. Thought I was dying.
Since you've been lurking and joined anyway, you're obviously hooked. :coolsmile:

Welcome, ok now get your camera and get to posting pictures, you will love the stove it's areal workhorse.

LOL :zip:

Had a friend with an old Mercury Comet that they gave the same handle.

And a warm welcome from over here.............. ;-)

Bigg_Redd said:
Blue Vomit said:

Welcome aboard

Spouting nonsense is a specialty around here

Thanks Redd,
I've got a huge surplus of nonsense I'm trying to get rid of.

shawneyboy said:

Shawn

Shawney,
I've been all over the eastern part of PA, the area of East Stroudsburg now.

Swedishchef said:
Welcome to the forum. It's nice to see new people join in the summer who are prepared instead of a fool like me who joins in the winter and is panicking because he can't find seasoned wood.

Welcome again!

Andrew

stick around chef...you'll certainly hear some foolishness about me!

raybonz said:
Welcome to the forum! You've been lurking and finally came out of the closet so you know how it is around here.. Good luck with the Oslo!

Ray

Thanks Ray,
I know how you clowns work here... in and out of the closet. Looking forward to it.

kettensäge said:
shawneyboy said:

Shawn

ahhh yes... Hazleton Blue Comet? Been there, puked that.

Blue Vomit said:
raybonz said:

Ray

Thanks Ray,
I know how you clowns work here... in and out of the closet. Looking forward to it.

How did he know that we are all clowns? you're good Mr. Vomit. welcome to the show.

Backwoods Savage said:
Welcome to the forum Blue.... But that surely is a strange name! Maybe you can teach some of us a few things.

Thanks Dennis,
From what I gather, I dont think I'll be teaching you much (about wood burning) you're practically a God around here, and a nice guy to boot. Maybe I could teach you something though. I know a whole lot of useless crap that gets me nowhere fast!

Blue Vomit said:
kettensäge said:
shawneyboy said:

Shawn

ahhh yes... Hazleton Blue Comet? Been there, puked that.

The one and only. It's closed now, owner got into trouble for animal cruelty. he left dogs locked in pens in the garage without food in the wintertime, neighbor stepped in and most were saved.

firefighterjake said:
A Jotul Oslo + seasoned wood = pure bliss.

Welcome to the site.

Thanks Jake,
I like to light stuff on fire. Not in a creepy way. :bug:

PapaDave said:
Welcome to the Hearth, Blue Vomit. Reminds me of my first encounter with cherry colored booze. Thought I was dying.
Since you've been lurking and joined anyway, you're obviously hooked. :coolsmile:

Thanks Dave,
Ive been known to drink some interesting things. :sick:

Status
Not open for further replies.