2 nd season with Kuma Sequoia

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

heavy hammer

Minister of Fire
Jul 18, 2015
Kirtland Ohio
I believe I have figured out the operation of this stove pretty well, my only question is I see some people on here are getting high cat temps. The highest cat temp I have ever seen is 1200. kuma said there is nothing wrong with this as long as the wood is seasoned, if I'm getting good burn times, and good heat. I was told maybe my setup or install as something to do with it. I have no complaints with its operation and Kuma said it will definitely help wth the life of the cat. I'm just looking for and insight.

Reactions: Blazing
I believe I have figured out the operation of this stove pretty well, my only question is I see some people on here are getting high cat temps. The highest cat temp I have ever seen is 1200. kuma said there is nothing wrong with this as long as the wood is seasoned, if I'm getting good burn times, and good heat. I was told maybe my setup or install as something to do with it. I have no complaints with its operation and Kuma said it will definitely help wth the life of the cat. I'm just looking for and insight.
hey, how do you measure the temp. I'm considering getting kuuma sequoia , looked at the pictures and manual but didn't see the thermometer anywhere. What is you burn times on low?

Last edited:
There is a probe temp gauge u put in on the left side next to the flue cooler. There is a little cap you have to remove to put it in. My burn times depend on what I'm burning, right now anywhere from 6 to 10 hours but I'm not loading the stove up and really only been burning cedar.