20 dollar load of oak

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Hank_612

Jan 13, 2018
Southern IL
I ran into a tree trimmer at the local gas station with a small dumptruck load of oak logs. I ask him what he was going to do with it and he says "nothin.. you want it?" I offered him 20 bucks to drive it 8 miles to my house. He said he will bring me more oak than I will know what to do with.

That's livin the dream!

Picture attached.

Attachments

• 20180723_175711.jpg
    20180723_175711.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 487
To share a bit of old time redneck lingo “ You have cut a fat hog in the ass” with that deal. Lol. Apparently Casey’s is now famous for wood scrounges as well as pizza.

It is 44+% humidity. My meter only reads 18-44%. If the weather stays this nice I will get it split and stacked in the next 2 weeks. I have a big white oak to go with it in the 2021 pile.

Attachments

• received_10209166083507948.jpeg
    received_10209166083507948.jpeg
    184 KB · Views: 317
Sounds like it's wet and green but split and stack it and in a couple years it will be primo firewood.

sometimes the right place and time is true

To share a bit of old time redneck lingo “ You have cut a fat hog in the ass” with that deal. Lol. Apparently Casey’s is now famous for wood scrounges as well as pizza.

Now that you have cut the fat hog in the ass, you need to mount the beast, buck loins, split the ribs, age the pork then burn the meat. As Grandma Manly used to say, "Youz gotz yerself one big ol mess a woods there. You is in the pork deep." Grandma wasn't well spoken but she always got the message across. Nice load of oak there.

Reactions: Dobish