2003 QuadraFire Mt. Vernon - how to remove baffle plate from firebox?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

ciremo

Sep 20, 2015
Pennsylvania
Hello gang... any help or advice would be appreciated.

I have acquired my second QuadraFire, an old Mt. Vernon from Oct 2003. I'm doing an overhaul and paint job and I download the install manual for the plain jane version of the Mt. Vernon from the website (not the AE or E2). It appears this manual is for the 2006 and newer models, and instructions to remove the baffle/ceiling of the fire box involves an allen wrench. My model has no bolt front and center as shown, and it is so tight, it just can't be a slide and drop feature.

Any tips appreciated! Thanks.

The right side side baffle comes out first.

Hello gang... any help or advice would be appreciated.

I have acquired my second QuadraFire, an old Mt. Vernon from Oct 2003. I'm doing an overhaul and paint job and I download the install manual for the plain jane version of the Mt. Vernon from the website (not the AE or E2). It appears this manual is for the 2006 and newer models, and instructions to remove the baffle/ceiling of the fire box involves an allen wrench. My model has no bolt front and center as shown, and it is so tight, it just can't be a slide and drop feature.

Any tips appreciated! Thanks.
I have a 2004 Mt. Vernon. Look carefully. There are three hex head bolts. One on the right that comes out first. Then the two on the back plate that is removed while holding up the top plate. This is a challenge. After the rear baffle comes out, remove the top and lastly the left baffle. Only the right and rear baffles have bolts.