2005 Quadra fire on off switch

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Mike from Idaho

Jan 4, 2020
Idaho
Howdy all, just signed in to what appears to be a great forum. Just picked up a used 2005 quadra fire and need to know if there is an "on off" switch that plugs into the bottom of the control panel. It is set up for a T-stat. Trying to get this one going. I have power going to 2 pins on the control box but no lights and no fire, so I started looking around and found the plug on the bottom for what looks like a switch, one of the female inserts looked like it got shorted out... any help would help....Mike

Photos of what i think is plug for a switch with the burnt socket, also the hinge to help identify it if needed as well as the code and date...

Attachments

• stove 1.jpg
    stove 1.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 112
  • Stove 2.jpg
    Stove 2.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 113
  • Stove 3.jpg
    Stove 3.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 108
Electrical is not my strong suit, so I can't tell you what it does, but there is just a white square romex connector plugged into that, with a yellow looped wire hanging out of it. kap

This is from my cb1200, but it's compareable to yours. Jumper may be in a different position on your stove. But it does complete the power circuit
20200105_084149.jpg

Reactions: kappel15
Do you know the age and model of your stove should be on the I'd plate. My stove won't be the same as yours. I just posted the pic for reference. We need to go to the wire harness schematic for your particular stove

Do you know the age and model of your stove should be on the I'd plate. My stove won't be the same as yours. I just posted the pic for reference. We need to go to the wire harness schematic for your particular stove
it's an 2005 Santa Fe, I posted the photo of the code and date above in the photos. I do have a wiring diagram but it's for a different model. The guy I bought it from just downloaded it thinking it would be the same. The diagram I have does not show a switch nor does it show a jumper.... what color wires are they jumping, can you get a side photo so I can see the jumper and the wires coming out the back. What year and model is yours

This is the I'd plate. Mine was in the hopper. This is on all pellet stoves, unless somebody took it off.
15782405390491715242225.jpg

ok i took the jumper out and got a better pic. you can try this config, but I can't guarantee it is the same for your stove. mine is a 2000 cb1200

(Note the corners are keyed i marked with a sharpie)
SAM_1659.JPG
SAM_1660.JPG

Ok a lil phone tag and here is you schematic
4B9BC2E5-BAAF-4643-A6EB-4C0A5A10A8C4.jpeg

Ok a lil phone tag and here is you schematic
View attachment 254787
PERFECT, Thank You.... it's a bypass for the T-stat... I think my control box is bad, there's a burnt spot on the male plug end of it as well as the burnt spot on that bypass plug. I ordered a new one so I'll have to wait till it shows up on wednesday, plug it in and see what happens..
This harness is from an '01 Castile... Not sure if it helps or not

View attachment 254784
that plug with the jumper is missing on mine.

PERFECT, Thank You.... it's a bypass for the T-stat... I think my control box is bad, there's a burnt spot on the male plug end of it as well as the burnt spot on that bypass plug. I ordered a new one so I'll have to wait till it shows up on wednesday, plug it in and see what happens..

that plug with the jumper is missing on mine.
I have that same schematic but it's not for the one I have. Mine is a Santa Fe... I really appreciate what you went thru to post these photos, I know it's not easy...

That scematic is out of a 2005 Santa Fe owners manual.

AHAAA, you are correct after looking closer...
UPDATE.. The new control box arrived yesterday, I did all the procedures, added the ground wire, put the thermostat jumper in which was missing all together, plugged it in and everything worked mint.... Again, Thank You all for the help.. Now I have a $400 Santa Fe in my shop, very happy...

Glad you let us know how it went, and glad you are up and running. Stay warm. kap