2006 mt Vernon non ae

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Kreed

Apr 26, 2017
Shannondoah Valley
Hello everyone I just bought a 2006 mt Vernon non ae. The problem I am having is I do not know what the 4 speeds do. Do they control fan speed or do they control feed rate or do they control both. When I turn the knob I don't see any difference in fan speed or feed rate. The convection fan only runs at one speed and I do not know if this is normal or not. Any help is greatly appreciated

Controls all of the above. It has to get warmed up before connvection fan comes on, and you should notice big difference in speed and sound between 1 and 4.

Hi thanks jzm2cc. I Think I have a problem then. My fan only runs on the one speed. have any ideas what the problem could be. The stove does heat up and fan does come on. But only runs on one speed . Thanks

Does heat knob have an affect on flame size, or same for all 4 settings? If the same it may be switch or wiring.

Check wiring of rotary switch verses schematic in manual to see if previous owner did mods.

Take pics of switch wiring and label if you remove anything. May have to test switch to see if faulty, just not sure if it's a simple resistive switch or more of a reostat.

Hi tested and wired in a new fan speed control Last weekend. Started the stove and everything was working as it should. Ran for about 30 minutes convection fan started slowing down then it stopped feeding pellets . Stove would not start up again it would drop pellets but the igniter would not get hot. I put a new igniter in and a new door gasket it still would not start . I started looking for bad wire connections and I found one at the control box. The terminals in the connector at the control box are all messed up. I spent about two hours with a pic straighten them back out. The stove runs good now but I would like to replace that connector does anyone know where I can get one

Kneed,

Sorry I'm so late as I just saw this. The wiring harness is out there but get out your wallet. What part number are you looking for? Should be SVR7005-251 and they are available on line but very expensive. Just the end isn't sold that I could find. There isn't a part number for just the end.