2016 Harman P68 Question. Are they updating the unit?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim S

Feb 19, 2016
NJ
Hi everyone,
I have been reading this forum over the past 6 months but I am finally posting. I was going to buy a Harman P68 over this past summer but I was able to lock in propane for $1.59/gallon. So, it allowed me to save some cash and now install over the summer. In speaking to the Harman dealer near my home, he mentioned Harman may be coming out with a new P68 with digital thermostat and Wifi controls of the thermostat. Has anyone heard this or have information? He said they may release at a March tradeshow but if it is true I am so happy I held off as I am trying to make my home into a Smart home.

Thanks
Jim

Might be integrating the voodoo widgets from the Absolute model. Only way I would be interested is if I really wanted and needed the smart stuff. You would be happy with the old school 68's too. Second season with mine and it will pretty much so run itself anyway after you select the temp you want.

That said, I can not call mine and say Hello randomly. Nor play a game of cyber warfare with it via a mobile app. Check it all out and report back. Let us know. It will probably be cool but many here (myself included) like to keep things simple. Maintaining a Ferrari costs more than Toyota.

Status
Not open for further replies.