25 ip control

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Caper1

Dec 23, 2018
Cape Breton
Hi I'm having a problem with the POS stove , I have 3 trades under my belt and whoever made these stoves should be ashamed off themself and so should Englander for putting their name on it.. nothing but problems , bad workmanship , some assembly required means everything they didn't bother or couldn't do ..all gaskets leaking , metal in hopper not finish , terrible job with the caulking
..now that I have that off my chest the problem I'm having now is my control board is acting up..I have done a hard reset and still having problems no errors ..i tried to install a thermostat getting thermostat and control pannel to communicate ..restart the stove and notice it just didn't seem right I notice when the thermostat call to turn off the stove it shut down my exhaust so i shut down the stove .. restarted the stove and the thermostat had no effect so I shut it down ..put the jumper back on did a reset ..fire up great hit temp and the flame started to die out and manual had to keep changing fuel and air to keep going then notice that when I turn up the blower my exhaust motor would turn up had my feed up to 8 and air up to 8 and notice everything slowed down and had heaters and no flame as I turn down air fuel everything sped up .. shut down tried to do a diagnosis but wouldn't go into it ..then tried to do a reset and I went into diagnosis mode .. long story short I think the control board is in the same shape as the money I spent on the stove ...... if anyone read this to the end..sound like control board is screwed??

did you set the stove to on/off or High - low?

THERMOSTAT OPERATION: This stove is equipped with a unique, new feature that allows two options for thermostatic operation: The stove comes from the factory pre-programmed in “On/Off mode,” which turns the stove on and off when the call for heat comes or leaves, like a furnace. The second, or “High/Low mode,” burns at whichever heat range you set the stove at until the call for heat leaves, at which point the stove goes to the Low heat range setting. To set the stove in the “High/Low mode,” unplug the unit and plug it back in, then press and release both down arrows; H L appears in the heat range and blower speed windows. The unit is now in “High/Low mode.” (Note: Repeat this to change back to “On/Off mode;” a 0 0 will appear in the heat range and blower speed windows). Using a thermostat in On/Off mode may shorten the life of your stove’s igniter.

did you set the stove to on/off or High - low?

THERMOSTAT OPERATION: This stove is equipped with a unique, new feature that allows two options for thermostatic operation: The stove comes from the factory pre-programmed in “On/Off mode,” which turns the stove on and off when the call for heat comes or leaves, like a furnace. The second, or “High/Low mode,” burns at whichever heat range you set the stove at until the call for heat leaves, at which point the stove goes to the Low heat range setting. To set the stove in the “High/Low mode,” unplug the unit and plug it back in, then press and release both down arrows; H L appears in the heat range and blower speed windows. The unit is now in “High/Low mode.” (Note: Repeat this to change back to “On/Off mode;” a 0 0 will appear in the heat range and blower speed windows). Using a thermostat in On/Off mode may shorten the life of your stove’s igniter.
Thanks for your info ...I did as much research as i could for these stoves ..had it on off/on mode ...but for some reason when it called to be shut down all it did was shut down the exhaust motor..I cant keep it going now..start up perfect but when it hit temps there is no setting that I can keep it on .. constantly changing feed and Air if not all I will get is a heater..no flames thanks

Did you buy this new? Have you run the stove at all without the thermostat? Here is ther manual for the 25ip https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/2071/6041/files/25-IP_USandCANADA.pdf?8937624378943929081
Had the stove for a just a little over a year ..kind off set it and forget it . On the road alot and never bother with it the wife took care of it
. Home for awhile and decided to hook up a thermostat wrong move on my part now I have nothing but troubles..already went threw a burn pot ..like I said 3 trades all in metal and have no idea why they would put out a POS like this ..I have more aluminum tape on this stove trying to block the bad air ..hopper is a really bad design and the tin work inside is terrible..gaps of up to 3/8 off an inch and a bad case of chalking to fill the gaps .all I wanted was to install a thermostat the rest I had dealt with but the thermostat finally made me blow..I have more aluminum tape on this stove then metal in it ..thanks for your help

Last edited:
Forgive my ignorance but I don't follow what you mean by 3 trades. So you bought the stove new a year or so ago? You never addressed the build with them while under warranty? If it was functional before the thermostat I would remove it and see if the stove operates correctly. If it does I would assume the is an issue with the that or wiring to it. It may be the control board.

Had the stove for a just a little over a year ..kind off set it and forget it . On the road alot and never bother with it the wife took care of it
. Home for awhile and decided to hook up a thermostat wrong move on my part now I have nothing but troubles..already went threw a burn pot ..like I said 3 trades all in metal and have no idea why they would put out a POS like this ..I have more aluminum tape on this stove trying to block the bad air ..hopper is a really bad design and the tin work inside is terrible..gaps of up to 3/8 off an inch and a bad case of chalking to fill the gaps .all I wanted was to install a thermostat the rest I had dealt with but the thermostat finally made me blow..I have more aluminum tape on this stove then metal in it ..thanks for your help
Hey guys would like to thank you for letting me become a member and to say you have a great fourm here ..thanks again

Forgive my ignorance but I don't follow what you mean by 3 trades. So you bought the stove new a year or so ago? You never addressed the build with them while under warranty? If it was functional before the thermostat I would remove it and see if the stove operates correctly. If it does I would assume the is an issue with the that or wiring to it. It may be the control board.
Yes I removed the thermostat and not getting a good burn now ..I didnt address the problems before because I didnt know that much about pellet stoves until I started asking around and finding out more about them ...as far as addressing the company I figured they must know the product they are putting out so what's the chances of them doing something about it ..as far as the air leaks it like fixing a pipe stop one leak and another leak shows up ..I send you a pick off the burn on 3 setting

Its alot brighter in the picture and no flame ..I have been fooling around with the setting ..first the feed and then the air ...then air and feed ...no good ..so I put it back to reset ..thanks

Attachments

• 25 ip control
    20181229_182532.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 77
Have you taken it apart and cleaned the pathes inside the stove and exhaust blower chamber, vent pipe, burn pot?

When you raise the heat level does it feed change or feed more often? What are the bottom 3 buttons set at?

Have you taken it apart and cleaned the pathes inside the stove and exhaust blower chamber, vent pipe, burn pot?
Yes I have , did all the reading i could find about this unit before i came here..3 trades all in metal .. fitter welder and ironworker not that ironwork has anything to do with the stove..but as far as the fitting off this stove it should have never left the sweatshop..but for now I will tinker with it ..but for certain will never buy another product again from then ..thanks for the help

When you raise the heat level does it feed change or feed more often? What are the bottom 3 buttons set at?
All around the 7 second mark .. I reset it and all are at 1 1 1 I tried ever different level and setting and no different except a lazy flame or to much air ..not that I dont get a flame but more heaters then flame ..switch it to this article I read and it was worst

Attachments

• 25 ip control
    Screenshot_20181221-211754_Samsung Internet.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 61
Put the bottom 3 to 5-4-1 and heat range at 2 and fan at 5 and see if that gives you a better fire. It may take 5 min for the settings to make a difference

Put the bottom 3 to 5-4-1 and heat range at 2 and fan at 5 and see if that gives you a better fire. It may take 5 min for the settings to make a difference
K will try ..I dont understand why we would have conflicting info on this stove from the company .. when I reset it , it should reset to the default that the company program the board for ..this other article is a different default then the control board has..why would the company do this.?? ..I'll get back to you thanks

K will try ..I dont understand why we would have conflicting info on this stove from the company .. when I reset it , it should reset to the default that the company program the board for ..this other article is a different default then the control board has..why would the company do this.?? ..I'll get back to you thanks

Most of the differences are from software upgrades or changes they make. The pdvc i had defaulted to mode A instead of D.

A little better but not constant...

Attachments

• 25 ip control
    20181229_194207.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 64
  • 25 ip control
    20181229_194251.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 57
  • 25 ip control
    20181229_194216.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 66
  • 25 ip control
    20181229_194234.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 48
Can you tell me why there are holes behind the firebrick ...there are 5 3/16 holes in the front plate of the heat exchanger..thanks

Attachments

• 25 ip control
    20181229_194541.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 57
I do not know about the holes,I have never got to work on one of those stoves,but I like them for the simplicity.I suspect a bad control board.

I do not know about the holes,I have never got to work on one of those stoves,but I like them for the simplicity.I suspect a bad control board.
Thank you sir that's what I think 2 but any help or info is great knowledge..Ssyko has been a great help as you know it can be frustration..Ssyko if you are reading this I went to 6 4 1 ...give you a shout in about 5 mins

You could try both and see which gives you the best heat. Usually the bottom 3 settings only affect the heat settings 1&2. I don't know why the holes are there. I don't have the 25-ip I'm just trying to help get you burning good.

Reactions: Mt Bob and Caper1