1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

25-PAH, See it really happened

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by ByCo, Feb 17, 2012.

1. ByCo

ByCo Member

Loc:
    Nebraska
    Sorry I don't have a before picture but after three weeks with out a pellet hit I was shaking to bad to hold the camera still. :ahhh: Excuse the mess, this place is a work in progress and maybe someday I'll have it presentable.LOL

My plan is to pull the venting this summer and paint it black and to finish out the raised hearth. I also need to figure out what I'm going to do with the old window opening that I had framed in and mounted the window stove in.

Attached Files:

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. imacman

imacman Guest

Looks great so far....looking forward to the "all done" pics later on.

Enjoy the heat!

PS....is there a surge protector on that stove yet?
  3. ByCo

ByCo Member

Loc:
    Nebraska
    That mess behind the metal bucket is what's left of the front support that I built for the window stove, The electrical outlet is built into it, from this angle you can't see the surge protector. I was going to tear all of it out and then decided I'd just leave it there for now and tackle moving the outlet to the raised hearth this summer when I figure out what I'm going to do with the rest of that corner/window opening.
  4. slvrblkk

slvrblkk Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northampton, PA
    Congrats! Enjoy the heat! Any initial comments about the stove so far?
  5. ByCo

ByCo Member

Loc:
    Nebraska
    So far I really like it. I'm heating about 1100 sqft and using a Lux DMH110 on the wide swing setting to control the stove. I get quite a bit of solar gain during the day so I've been switching to on/off mode in the morning and switching back to high/low in the evening. I know that running in high/low will shorten the igniter life, about how long do the igniters last in Englaner stoves? Hopefully longer than the one in my window stove, it died after four months and was only used once a day!
  6. magentaman

magentaman Member

Loc:
    Western Washington State
    Actually running in high low should make the igniter last longer. On off mode will shorten it.
  7. ByCo

ByCo Member

Loc:
    Nebraska
    Your right, I got it back words. LOL, I meant to say on/off.