25 PDVC/55 SHP 2008 Model...Won't stay running.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Green Mountains

Nov 25, 2013
Vermont
Greetings, folks!

I have a pellet stove that is frustrating the heck out of me, and my pellet stove service guy. We've thrown a ton at this thing, so let me start at the beginning.

The stove is used. Both previous owners had problems with it. I kind of inherited it from my landlord.

When I first installed it, the thing ran way hot and would shut down, throwing an E3 Code. That's when I had my service guy come in and do a thorough cleaning. He replaced the exhaust fan, due to very loud squealing and vibration, and cleaned the other blower. He also replaced the exhaust vacuum switch.

The thing ran great for 2 weeks.

This past Sunday morning I woke up at 9AM and found the stove off. I cleaned it and fired it back up. Everything was working great until the room blower came on, and then the upper auger would shut off and then the flames starved until it went out.

I repeated this twice and then called my service guy. He came over that night. He found that the augur motor was still working and decided that the vacuum switch was bad. He bypassed that switch and fired the stove up. It ran great for about 3 hours and then I got an E1 code and the stove just shut off, just like as if I had pulled the power cord.....with a pot of pellets still burning away. This seems extremely dangerous to me. Smoke works its way out of the stove through the front door, the hopper, and in the back through the auger. I found that if I kept hitting power, the stove would show E0, then my settings, then E2, and then switch to an E1 and shut off completely. It allowed the exhaust to come on and keep the smoke in the stove from escaping into the room, but I had to do this cycle about 20 times before all of the pellets were burned up.

This is where my service guy is stumped. He has never seen a stove just shut off dead like that with a fire still going. He suggested I call the tech line. I did twice on Monday. The first guy had me switch the vacuum line from the black side to the grey side on the exhaust blower vacuum switch. The other is still bypassed, though I did fire it up just an hour or so ago with that switch connected and got the same result.

My second call, the tech guy told me to put clamps on the vacuum lines. I have now done that. The stove ran for 5 hours yesterday, from 9 AM - 2 PM, and then it just shut down again with that evil E1 code.

It has stayed running for 2 hours and then shutdown, and twice it has shut down just about as soon as the room blower kicks on.

I have been trying to call tech support, but I have been getting a busy signal all morning.

I hope some of you stove gurus might have a suggestion or an idea of what to do next.

Thanks so much.

Freezin' my butt in VT!
Jonathan

Status
Not open for further replies.