25-PDVC flame big then small???

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gripper93

Oct 1, 2009
central ohio
Hello I have an Englander 25-PDVC and the flame goes from small just about 1 to 2 inches high for a few minutes and then they go clear up to the top for a few then down then up is this normal? The stove is set on the lowest setting and it is set at 6-6-1 and has an outside air kit. Any info would be helpful. Thanks

gripper93 said:
Hello I have an Englander 25-PDVC and the flame goes from small just about 1 to 2 inches high for a few minutes and then they go clear up to the top for a few then down then up is this normal? The stove is set on the lowest setting and it is set at 6-6-1 and has an outside air kit. Any info would be helpful. Thanks

Is the 6-6-1 setting what it came with from the factory?

not sure what the factory setting is I bought it used and it is the first one i've owned.

You can adjust the settings for the low fuel feed and low fuel air rate using the bottom buttons on the control panel. If memory serves me correctly they are usually 6-4-1 from the factory. If you so a search for your stove on the forum you should be able to find the correct settings and what they do.

on the low settings your fire will drop untill more pellets are fed into the fire pot. as long as the flame doesn't go out before more pellets feed in then your ok. i run my stove at 5/4/1. it came factory at 6/4/1. every pellet brand will burn a little different so you may need to tinker with the setting when you change brands.. hope this helps

gripper93 said:
Thanks I will look now

The settings that 86 toy mentions above should be pretty close. if you don't know, or can't find out how to change them, let us know....we'll give the step-by-step.

Do you have the owners manual?

Thanks for the info. I think that 86 toy is right I thought the same thing but wanted to make sure. Thats why I'm asking you experts.
Macman I downloaded the manual from the website, but It doesnt say anything about the settings. Is there a certain way I should be changing them I have been just pushing the buttons and changeing them with the arrow buttons. I hope theres not a certain percedure i'm supposed to do!!!! Please let me know if Im doing something wrong.

gripper93 said:
Thanks for the info. I think that 86 toy is right I thought the same thing but wanted to make sure. Thats why I'm asking you experts.
Macman I downloaded the manual from the website, but It doesnt say anything about the settings. Is there a certain way I should be changing them I have been just pushing the buttons and changeing them with the arrow buttons. I hope theres not a certain percedure i'm supposed to do!!!! Please let me know if Im doing something wrong.
i would say to change one setting at a time and give it some time to adjust, and then if needed adjust the other....just remember these settings only come in to play when burning in heat range of 1 or 2.

gripper93 said:

I agree w/ Hemi...change only one thing at a time, and wait for a while to see what the effect is.....just remember, never change the far right button...that always stays at 1. And a second reminder, these button settings ONLY effect the stove when it's on heat setting 1 or 2....above that they have no effect.

No, no specific "order" in changing them.....just push the button under the one you want to change or check, then press either both down or both up arrows together to change.

As 86 Toy mentions, I'd start w/ 4-6-1. If it seems that pellets are building up & not burning fast enough, lower LFF to 3, or vice versa if the fire looks to be going out. If the flame looks "lazy", raise LBA, or lower if it looks like a super blowtorch.

Just takes some fiddling, especially with different pellets.

Status
Not open for further replies.