25-PDVC flame

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thepaulmc

Jan 2, 2012
Pocono Mountains, PA
I noticed that the flame is a lot stronger in the right rear of the burn pot near the igniter, is this normal or do I have a problem? Could I have a bad gasket?

Im no expert but I would bet on an air issue. Once the fire is lit I wouldnt think the ign would have anything to do with the flame.

Pelletfisky said:
Im no expert but I would bet on an air issue. Once the fire is lit I wouldnt think the ign would have anything to do with the flame.

The igniter tube will have something to do with the flame since it has a portion of the stove's combustion air flow running through it. In fact that air flow is what lights the pellets.

Mine looks "cleaner" in that corner also. I don't think it is a big deal.

I also noticed that the glass gets all sooted up in just an hour or so on low burn like 1-1 or 1-2 or even 2-1 on higher it takes a little longer.

wannabe pellet pyro said:
I also noticed that the glass gets all sooted up in just an hour or so on low burn like 1-1 or 1-2 or even 2-1 on higher it takes a little longer.

Normal for all stoves, you might be able to clean up the burn on heat rages 1 & 2 by upping the lba setting or reducing the lff setting , but the stove will be a lot cleaner (as far as the glass is concerned) burning on heat setting 3 and higher.

Im learning as I go and this forum helps. Maybe more air would help with the glass. I always start with a cleaning.

I believe this may also be influenced by the fact that most of the pellets are deposited in that area by the auger, especially at low settings.

Panhandler said:
I believe this may also be influenced by the fact that most of the pellets are deposited in that area by the auger, especially at low settings.

i was just going to say that...

my PDV runs the same way...i beleive its normal

Status
Not open for further replies.