25-pdvc wall thermostat not communicating

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
If I read your post correctly, you set heat and blower to 1-1? If so, what you have in your picture is exaclty what I'd expect. The thermostat, even if working properly when calling for heat, you've maxed the stove out at 1-1. You won't get anymore out of the stove.

Eric
Before I turned it down I had it at 5.4.1 6.9 and I don’t know if it made a difference or put it up and down

My thermostat is not calling for heat I have it set to 6.4.1 7.7 don’t the flame look right?

Also what is the feed rate?

IMG_1280.jpeg

It is so hard to tell from pictures. The best way to tell is to test both sides of the J18 block pull wires that go to thermostat and test both sides of block for power only on side should have power.

If you want to do it by fire size set stove to heat 1 blower 7 and 6.4.1 wait 20 minutes look at size of fire. Make sure thermostat is NOT calling for heat, change only the heat setting to 7 wait 20 minutes fire should be same size it was on heat 1 (if it is larger it still is not working on H/L). If fire stays small, now turn thermostat up so it calls for heat (80 degrees should do), wait 20 minutes sometime in that 20 minutes the fire should get larger, stove is then working on H/L.

Reactions: ericofmaine
It is so hard to tell from pictures. The best way to tell is to test both sides of the J18 block pull wires that go to thermostat and test both sides of block for power only on side should have power.

If you want to do it by fire size set stove to heat 1 blower 7 and 6.4.1 wait 20 minutes look at size of fire. Make sure thermostat is NOT calling for heat, change only the heat setting to 7 wait 20 minutes fire should be same size it was on heat 1 (if it is larger it still is not working on H/L). If fire stays small, now turn thermostat up so it calls for heat (80 degrees should do), wait 20 minutes sometime in that 20 minutes the fire should get larger, stove is then working on H/L.
Last night I had it on 6.4.1 7.7 it used about a half a bag of pallets. And it was 75 in the house. I tried putting the heat on 1 this morning and stay high.

Did you try as ARC suggested? It is hard to keep track of all the changes you've tried. Start back with what ARC mentioned 2 posts ago and report back.

Eric

If you've set it for level 1 on the heat range, that will be your flame size, regardless if the thermostat is calling for heat or not.

Eric

Reactions: ARC