25 pdvp

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

SvenLand

Jan 24, 2023
Tionesta Pa
Hello Folks,

I'm new, but not new, been lurking for a long time now, figured it's time to say hi...

Been burning pellets for a while, had a dell point europa for a long time, got it used, control board burnt out, so i hooked up some cyclical timers and motor controllers and the thing ran great for years, well other than safety... burn pot went, decided it was time for a change, bought a Liberator rocket stove with the pellet adapter, used that for a few years, but it only has one setting... HOT... So i decided to buy a craigslist gem for dirt cheap, and have been loving it since... Englander 25 pvdp (1997 model) It's got it's flaws, piped it up through a ceiling stack, 6 inch, and it rumbles when the flame get high... and it aint the greatest at quick heat, but she sure does the trick and i trust it... No burn back, no flame outs, it just works... Only problem is, i have no means of parts, but it was dirt cheap, so when it burns out, i'll buy something else lol. I do want to modify the burn plate, but won't unless i can find a replacement. Anyhow, i thank you Folks for all the great input and will keep reading along.

Steve