1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)
  1. DexterDay

    DexterDay Guest

    What year is your PDVC?

    Yeah. Those settings are not optimal. With a setting of 5 for AOT? Im surprised the room air blower kicked on at all.

    Helpful Sponsor Ads!





  2. jjs777_fzr

    jjs777_fzr Feeling the Heat

    Joined:
    Nov 9, 2007
    Messages:
    304
    Loc:
    NorthShore, MA USA
    Manufacture date June 2006
  3. MCPO

    MCPO Minister of Fire

    Joined:
    May 1, 2008
    Messages:
    2,219
    Loc:
    western Ma , close to NY state border
    Another tip I got from an Englander tech to keep in mind is the combustion air fan is already running at 80 percent speed and the LBA (middle lower button) only controls the remaining 20 percent .
    I find the LFF (first button) the one button that responds well to change although it can take 3-5 minutes to see the difference.
  4. Shaw520

    Shaw520 Feeling the Heat

    Joined:
    Oct 15, 2012
    Messages:
    426
    Loc:
    Modena
    If im not mistaken,.. the LFF & LBA buttons only change things at (low) 1-2 range, and have no effect at 3 and above,... hence the term "trim" setting.
  5. MCPO

    MCPO Minister of Fire

    Joined:
    May 1, 2008
    Messages:
    2,219
    Loc:
    western Ma , close to NY state border
    If I recall correctly on model years 2004 and newer it affects all settings.
  6. Shaw520

    Shaw520 Feeling the Heat

    Joined:
    Oct 15, 2012
    Messages:
    426
    Loc:
    Modena
    Hmm interesting news,.. my stove is a pre 04' model.

    Now, to go get the genny ready for Sandy's visit....._g
  7. imacman

    imacman Guest

    Somewhat correct MCPO. It also depends on what control board revision the stove has. Unless the stove is very recent manufacture, it's best to call Englander and give them the board numbers for confirmation.
    smoke show likes this.

Share This Page