englander cab 80

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Vicscott

Nov 11, 2023
BC Canada
I bought a used(3yr old) englander cab 80 to replace an old pellet stove in my Yurt art studio. It starts up, looks like it is burning well then dies down to coals and restarts when enough new pellets are dropped. I have changed door and window gaskets, burn pot gasket and exhaust blower gasket. I call englander to find out what the bottom settings were. He had a hard time finding out so not sure he gave me the right ones. It seems to dump a lot (almost too much) pellets at start up then I noticed it dumps quite a few for awhile then only a couple will shoot out on a couple of rotations. that is when the fire dies down. there is excessive soot as well. I am at my wits end. Have found no help here. It seems pellet stove techs are not to be had in our neck of the woods on Vancouver Island Canada. They still sell a lot of these at home depot but parts and service are not available. This stove was really clean when I bought it but it was taken out and left under a tarp in the rain for a couple of weeks. the hopper was full of pellets which I took out and discarded. I vacuumed it out. also tested my pellets with a moisture metre.