38° & SNOWING

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bogydave

Minister of Fire
Dec 4, 2009
So Cent ALASKA
:eek:
Not a good day to split wood :confused:
Hope it don't start to stick!

DSCF0933.JPG

Prediction for this evening 30::F and mix changing to snow last I heard , same for Thursday evening. Old man winter just don't want to let go. Nothing really new as we have had massive snow storms in late April and early May in the past. Just not too recently and a lot of people have short memories or just do not want to remember those nightmares. I do remember a 15" in the early 70's around the last few days of April. Or the 4" or so on May 10 th around 20 some odd years ago.

Same here; but after a long dark cold winter we want to be outside :)

Cabin Fever type weather.
Yesterday 55° & sunny, I planted some stuff in the greenhouse,
today: yuk

* * But over 16 hours of day light, :)

Inside work today ;)

Reactions: PapaDave
Our forecast :
Couple nights above freezing will help thaw the soil & melt some snow :)

wtr1.jpg

Turned to rain.
A Seattle day , in the 40s with mist & rain.
DSCF0934.JPG DSCF0935.JPG

Was in the thirties here and I got a fire going. Later in the afternoon it suddenly cleared off and warmed into the 40's. Now it is a bit warm in the house.... But not as cold tonight; 31 predicted and then by the weekend it is supposed to warm up and next week they say we should see 70+ degrees! Finally spring might happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.