3rd grade dance recital

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ssupercoolss

Hearth Supporter
Jan 28, 2008
southeast pa
thats what its like trying to get a handfull of my friends together to get my boiler in my basement. as expected a few have work, or family issues, cant do it during the day, but are available at night. those things i can work around. no problem, i just have to figure out when i can get most of them there. the thing that bothers me.......we are all about 38-45 years old, but i cant get peter to come if paul is gonna be there, and then theres the two other guys (brother-inlaws) that can be in the same room with one another. the funny thing is, i have 2 friends - the ones wife is the other ones ex-wife.(ones married to her, one was married to her) they get along great. go figure. anyways - probably saturday night the boiler will be sliding its way into the basement.

Sounds like you live in a trailer park to me LOL!!! But then again you did say some worked?

Sounds like my teenage daughter and her friends. LOL. Well, you asked for it when you printed that one. May I suggest a beer offering to those who help out? That always helps-forget that. looks like things may turn into a brawlfest.

Sooooo Murtha was right about PA. Just kidding!!!

home projects we dont offer beer, its a given. and if its a big weekend project, theres homemade wine. believe it or not, there isnt a trailer park for miles......the two who cant even look at each other own thier own businesses. it is just like 2 girls that wore the same outfit to the party. i really didnt realize how messed up my friends were until about 7:00 last night. you gotta have something to laugh at though.

Good luck with your party! Sounds like a good time to me. It took three men and a boy just to get my EKO 40 off a trailer and around the back of the house. It was quite a project. Cold beer was almost as important as strong tow straps and wood...

Big difference between having a party with beer and getting your buddies to get dirty. I only have one good buddy I can rely on to get ditry with me - the others would die if they had to survive on their own - God forbid they get dirt on their Abercrombie pants!

its no problem for any of them to get dirty, but when they start kicking and pulling each others hair......collectively, they suck, but as individuals they are awesome.

Sometime you're ahead to hire help.

futureboiler said:
the funny thing is, i have 2 friends - the ones wife is the other ones ex-wife.(ones married to her, one was married to her) they get along great. go figure. anyways - probably saturday night the boiler will be sliding its way into the basement.
That sounds like 2 of my friends, we call them Husband in laws, the funny thing is that now they are hanging out with husband #2 s exwifes new husband.

my friends dont hesitate to call when they need help...putting a lift in there truck, splitting wood, loading a junk car onto the flatbed to haul for scrap.

but the minute you call them, there girlfriends or wifes have them "doing something" and cant show. or promise then dont show at all.....

thats why i dont rely on them anymore or check the caller ID before i pick up the phone...

what comes around goes around.

at least your friends show up.

Quick call that Mike guy from Dirty Jobs I think you got a real shot at getting them out for the show ... I mean out to do a show.

I have a buddy that I have been friends for 20 years for 5 of those years he was also my brother in law and for the last 6 years he's been my wifes first cousin.

Sounds just like my little one's last dance recital..... a couple threw the dolls in the air and missed them on the way down and got a huge laugh from the crowd and by the end 2 were sitting on the floor crying , one was laying on her back and spinning around in circles and one ran off stage while the last 2 were doing the dance as rehearsed.

I unloaded my 40 from my trailer and slid it into the boiler room, then turned it 180 degrees, myself. I got alot of offers to help once the boiler was set, luckily it didn't have to go into a basement.

My friends will always offer to help any time when the moon intersects the Perseid on a Tuesday on any leap year but get pissed if I can not drop life to help them watch me move some heavy piece of sh@t for them. My two best friends are at the end of my arms. Actually I do have a couple of friend who are willing to help me anytime I need a project to take three times as long to complete than if I screw up by myself :)

Status
Not open for further replies.