1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

5.4 tons arrived today

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by TriMom, Jun 15, 2013.

1. TriMom

TriMom New Member

We just got our pellet stoves installed in late April and had bought a few bags of pellets, today was our first delivery. Not sure what pellets we'd like best we bought a few different brands to try...

2.4 tons of LaCrete
    1 ton Barefoot
    1 ton Okanagan
    1 ton Maine Wood

We were able to put 4 of the pallets along the bump out on one side of the garage. We were pleased how compact they are. We ordered them back in April and delivered today.

Looking forward to learning a lot this next year. Not sure how many tons we will use based on oil (800 gallons for both hot water and heat) usage likely 4-5 tons and want to have house be warmer than it has been with oil.

I'll try to post photos when I can upload them...I know you guys, you like photos!

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. DAKSY

DAKSY Patriot Guard Staff Member

Loc:
    Averill Park, NY, on Burden Lake II...

It's not that we like photos. It's the fact that it DIDN'T happen unless there ARE photos!
    smoke show, iceguy4, will711 and 2 others like this.
  3. Defiant

Defiant Vermont Castings Geek

Loc:
    Old Lyme CT
    Photo's and location please:cool: Might need the trailer to pirate this load;)
  4. SmokeyTheBear

SmokeyTheBear Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Standish, ME
    The information and pictures make it easy for the Oinkers in the group to locate their next seasons supply, you can post pictures and no location or a general location and no pictures. True Oinkers even do Google map matching on large area outside pictures when they have some idea of the general area. When the blue van drives by you have only seconds to secure your stash because the invisible trailer and fork lift is en route. Oinkers are tricky.
  5. mralias

mralias Minister of Fire

Loc:
    MA
    Why does this post scream.."Trust us, we are here to help you. Were with the government";hm
  6. Don2222

Don2222 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Salem NH
    Good luck with your new stoves. You should have a very warm next winter.

I am also anxious to try out my new (Nu 2 U -- LOL) Harman stove next winter.
  7. smwilliamson

smwilliamson Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Southcoast, MA
    What are you going to use in the Jotul? Wood or envi like blocks.
  8. joescho

joescho Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Northeastern PA
    If you get that Jotul cranking, plus the two pellet stoves you're going to be BIG TIME WARM......