1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

5.5" Diameter Flex King Liner

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by esh21167, Jul 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. esh21167

esh21167 New Member

Loc:
    Central PA
    My Napoleon 1402 is here so I need to get my liner. I'm going to go 5.5" because the inside of the flue is barely 6.5" and I don't want to chance buying a 6" and not being able to get it down. The chimney is nearl 30 feet so draft should be fine. Has anyone had any experience with Flex King 316Ti liner and kits? They seem to be the best price I've found.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Jake Weaver

Jake Weaver Member

Loc:
    North of Gettysburg, Pa
    I installed my Flex King 316Ti liner kit in mine and the install went fine. I brought a 6" 25' liner to hook up to a PE pacific insert. I have not used it yet I did the install this May. The product seemed ok to me.
  3. Todd

Todd Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Lake Wissota
    I don't have the Flex King, but I do have 22' of 5.5 flex liner and the draft is sometimes too much. I had to slow it down a bit by installing a pipe damper. It may be something you may want to look out for with that 30' chimney.
  4. esh21167

esh21167 New Member

Loc:
    Central PA
    So does a smaller diameter liner increase or decrease draft?
  5. BrotherBart

BrotherBart Hearth.com LLC Mid-Atlantic Division Staff Member

Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    I have two 5.5" liners, one 22 feet and the other 28 and they draft like Hoovers. In theory I think they are supposed to decrease draft but me and Todd both are almost in overdraft territory on our stoves.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.