58 this morning, 18 tonight.....SERIOUSLY?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bocefus78

Minister of Fire
Jul 27, 2010
Just Outside Indy
If anyone could make the temps in Indiana stay near the average, or below it, I'd appreciate it. The snowplow is mad and wants out of the garage!!!

Anyway, I guess it'll be an oak and locust night!

Pittsburgh 53 today 23 tonight! Not so bad as I let the fire die out and getting things warmed up is no problem.

Where's Fox's Hannity when we need him to explain this to us?
Like last year. Just wondering ...

Was 48 here this morning, around 30 now and dropping fast. Wind whipping around 30mph. Was planning on reloading when I get up for work at 1am, might have to throw on a couple of chuglies.

18 is not low enough for us to break out the oak. That is still fairly easy heating.

52 & sunshine on Sunday,43 yesterday,3 inches snow overnight,15 & light snow at sunrise today.High of 18 pretty steady until midnight then slowly rising all day on Wednesday to lo 30's. High of 12 on Thursday if we're lucky with more snow possible on Friday.

Bocefus78 said:
If anyone could make the temps in Indiana stay near the average, or below it, I'd appreciate it. The snowplow is mad and wants out of the garage!!!

Anyway, I guess it'll be an oak and locust night!

* WINDS... SOUTHWEST 20 TO 30 MPH WITH GUSTS UP TO 55 MPH.

* TIMING... THIS EVENING THROUGH 7 AM WEDNESDAY.

* IMPACTS... SCATTERED TREE AND POWERLINE DAMAGE WITH POSSIBLE POWER OUTAGES.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

A WIND ADVISORY MEANS THAT SUSTAINED WINDS OF 31 TO 39 MPH OR WIND GUSTS OF 46 TO 57 MPH ARE EXPECTED. WINDS THIS STRONG CAN MAKE DRIVING DIFFICULT... ESPECIALLY FOR HIGH PROFILE VEHICLES. SCATTERED POWER OUTAGES ARE ALSO POSSIBLE.

The caps are from the weather channel, looks like we are in for a interesting night.

Zap

Ours is goofy too. 57 at the moment and if you look at the hourly forecast it goes down one degree every hour clear through tomorrow and on until nine in the morning day after tomorrow.

Dam, sounds like my walls are coming off my house...gonna lose power no doubt. Winds at 55mph
md

53 here right now and dropping(thank goodness). Wind blowing 30 MPH. 2 splits in the stove with a living room temps 85.

Lighting Up said:
Dam, sounds like my walls are coming off my house...gonna lose power no doubt. Winds at 55mph
md

Rochester?

zap

We had those 50+ winds last week. Trees moving worse than during non-hurricane Irene. Then over the weekend we got the deep freeze, lows down to 4F. Monday it shoots back up to 40, then this morning we got 3 inches of snow (Finallly!!!). All meted now and mild a cuple days, more light snow then moderately cold 20s this weekend.

All over the map.

Status
Not open for further replies.