6" Short (stove pipe question)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gangsplatt

Mar 26, 2008
Plattsburgh, NY
Okay, so I've got my new stove in place and am replacing all the stove pipe with welded seem .22 (Saf T Pipe brand)gauge stove pipe. However, I'm still using the .24 gauge elbow I bought at Lowe's.

I'm 6" short from the vertical stove pipe to the 90 degree elbow. Is there some sort of piece that I could use in this 6" gap that would work like a compression fitting or something? I was browsing around on Northline express and they have a few items that I think may do the trick but was hoping to get some advice as to what it is I do need, here's the link to the product page I was looking at: http://www.northlineexpress.com/multiple_items.asp?cc=6HeatFab

Thanks.

If you contact a stove place they should have a pipe stretcher that will usually give you enough over the course of the entire run if you need that little bit.
Now with that said, along with the muffler bearings and the curve balls, there are birth control blocks (thanks for reminding me of the things I wish to forget).
I was at a job and was the "newbie" and they told me to go down and get a pallet of birth control blocks. I thought they were screwing with me, but as the newb, I went along. Walked down and told the block guy what I needed and told him I knew they were screwing with me, etc. He says, "Nope, its right there, you won't be doing any tonight (insert one word someplace). 50 lb solid blocks taken up three stories SUCKS!!! Appropriate name.
Chad

I am sensing someone didn't do their research, and acted on impulse?
What you need is a pc of telescoping pipe that will go inline then slide out to the length you need.

So instead of using a 24" plus an additional 6" piece of something get a telescoping piece to cover the whole 30"? Makes sense. Hopefully the local stove shop carries it.

My girlfriend is leaning over my back looking at what I am looking at and she says " Hey look at the subject header, it must be a story about you!" :down:

gangsplatt said:
So instead of using a 24" plus an additional 6" piece of something get a telescoping piece to cover the whole 30"? Makes sense. Hopefully the local stove shop carries it.
Local stove shop may or may not carry it. If not you can get it online. Will make things alot easier on ya if you get it.

FatttFire said:
My girlfriend is leaning over my back looking at what I am looking at and she says " Hey look at the subject header, it must be a story about you!" :down:

Something to the effect of being "hung like a hampster". ;(

Or you can simply go to the hardware and have them cut you a 6" piece of stove pipe.

Status
Not open for further replies.