6039 American Harvest multi fuel NEED HELP !!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Marie Moore

Jan 12, 2014
st.johns michigan
I have cleaned everything Its burning but not very good.Lot of black soot on door,almost acts like its not getting enough air.Does anyone have any suggestions?It also has been throwinga error 2 Not sure what that means either.

Last edited:
Make sure glass door is shut and sealed tightly. If not, adjust door handle or replace gasket. Check ash dumps are in place and sitting flat to assure a proper seal. Check that exhaust fan is running and venting properly. If not, check connection and clean or replace. Check inside stove and exhaust pipes for blockage. Tap inside walls of firebox, clean behind lower access plates (located on the back inside wall, next to the firepot) clean firepot and firebox vent holes above firebrick panel. Feed rate is too HI for fuel, reduce heat setting. Inadequate combustion air available, add outside combustion air.

Have you checked all the above?

Make sure glass door is shut and sealed tightly. If not, adjust door handle or replace gasket. Check ash dumps are in place and sitting flat to assure a proper seal. Check that exhaust fan is running and venting properly. If not, check connection and clean or replace. Check inside stove and exhaust pipes for blockage. Tap inside walls of firebox, clean behind lower access plates (located on the back inside wall, next to the firepot) clean firepot and firebox vent holes above firebrick panel. Feed rate is too HI for fuel, reduce heat setting. Inadequate combustion air available, add outside combustion air.

Have you checked all the above?
Yes I have checked all of that ..Thank you so much for your reply..I went to my very last idea and i think i got it figured out.I went and bought some different pellets and its working better already..I have had this stove for 4+years and have never had an issue like this before.Thanks so much..Marie

Unless you had changed to a different pellet and then the problems started I am skeptical that a different pellet is your problem. I think err2 is out of fuel. Auger jamming up maybe? Wet pellets? Are the pellets that are causing the problem overly long perhaps? For the 4+ years have you been burning the same pellet? Also a black, sooty window is caused by one of two things. When you run the stove, be sure to open the damper enough so that the fuel burns completely. If you have your damper open and the fuel still isn't burning, it means that the fuel is too wet.

Unless you had changed to a different pellet and then the problems started I am skeptical that a different pellet is your problem. I think err2 is out of fuel. Auger jamming up maybe? Wet pellets? Are the pellets that are causing the problem overly long perhaps? For the 4+ years have you been burning the same pellet? Also a black, sooty window is caused by one of two things. When you run the stove, be sure to open the damper enough so that the fuel burns completely. If you have your damper open and the fuel still isn't burning, it means that the fuel is too wet.
Hi ! I just bought 2 ton of pellets in october 2013 I think i have just gotten to the bottom of them i guess..lol I have mabye 15 bags left..I meant i have had this stove for 4+years and have never had this issue.Im usually quite a pro with this 6039,thats why i was so confussed with it not working.It is running like a champ again...Dont know why all of a sudden pellets werent working.Must be the 35- temps we have had..lol..Thanks again for your help.

So I have a little knowledge of this control for this unit. The factory parameters are crap, I too had "sooting" glass, but I did a little digging and found how to change the feed and burn parameters. You are correct in assuming its not getting enough air. I believe that the factory default exhaust temps are something like 100 degrees for low and 200 for high.

To adjust your parameters you must depress 2 buttons simultaneously, then adjust using up and down on the aux keys.
EGT = exhaust gas temp

Low EGT= aux down + draft fan down
High EGT= aux up + draft fan up
Low feed rate= aux down+heat range down
High feed rate= aux up + heat range up

Too low of EGT= not enough oxygen=incomplete combustion=black glass
The glass should be white if you get the settings right

For reference I burn 70% corn/30% pellets my low EGT temp is 173 and my low federate is 1.25, high EGT is set to 290 and a high federate of 3.00

This is strictly for reference! The manufacturer acted like I would burn down my house with theses settings. BTW I've used these setting going on 6 years and I haven't burnt down my house YET!

Proceed with caution and you assume all risk with changing these parameters

Status
Not open for further replies.