61 bags and time to clean

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote author="76brian" date="1323898321"]I haven't so much as opened the door to my stove since the start of the month when i did a full cleaning, and don't plan on it again till the end of the month... gonna see how many bags I can burn in that time :D

I know it won't be 60+ unless I can resist the urge to clean it till it stops working :eek:[/quote

I failed to notice that you had a different stove than mine. With turman pellet ash pan was full after 30 bags.

CygnusX1 said:
SmokeyTheBear said:
imacman said:
Not bad, for a rookie. ;-)

Yeah but you noticed how he ignored the hint for holding more ash while still burning. The young ones are getting hard to train these days ;-).

Don't worry, he'll get sick of those fake logs soon enough. I got sick of mine after 2 cleanings.

Maybe imacman will repost the picture of his Avalon ash pile. I didn't last that long on the fake logs, the ash was falling back into the burn pot.

The only issue I have with the log is it effects the air wash a little bit on the glass

Smokey, No problem with ash storage space. This stove is similar to yours in that there is no bottom around the burn pot. Most of the ash falls directly into ash pan. And this log sits on the burn pot and ash can fall around it and into ash pan unlike the saranac that sits flat on the bottom

SmokeyTheBear said:
kykel said:
The only issue I have with the log is it effects the air wash a little bit on the glass

It also takes up valuable ash storage space.

And a general PITA. Didnt use mine for long. That and under continuous use, the logs get fragile and will break apart. Just use them in the Summer months, so the stove does not look empty.

The novelty will soon wear off. After you have to vacuum them everytime before you clean out the stove.

vettechick said:
DexterDay said:
Hmmmmmm is right...... Dont look like 61 bags to me??? More pics are needed. Imacman did this until the Holidays, (during a COLD year - we haven't seen anything yet).

Ive been burnin for a bit. That dont seem like 61 bags. Maybe its the pics... Or the stove. Or me gettin old.

My Quad looks worse than that with around a dozen bags?
Gentlemen....Those who have never burned Turman will never understand Turman. I believe this entirely- As I live it every day. Kykel- I'm on your side and I'm a believer!
yes the turmans are the cleanest pellets with the least amount of ash out of any pellet i ever burned ....

I suppose. I already considered taking them out. As for the summer Im considering changing the glass, They make a mirrored glass that is see through when fire is lit and mirrored when not. The harman xxv had it. It looked nice.

Kykel-
You go Boy-
Hey where you been? Hope to see at the Stove shop soon.
I don't think my Agway pellets are burning as clean as turman's but may be pretty close.
My buddy's spocket and chain fell of his agitator after a few says, waiting for visit from Installer. Has some burn issues as well.
Still waiting on new motor for my stove.
:coolsmile:

Status
Not open for further replies.