1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

8" double wall elbow rear exit

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by Eric Gradoia, May 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eric Gradoia

Eric Gradoia New Member

Loc:
    N 42.83432 W 73.48513
    Can somebody recommend or shoot me a link to an 8" double wall elbow I can use directly out the back of my stove. So far the only ones I can find state"Not for rear exit applications." I'm looking to go out the back of my stove, turn 90 degrees and then straight up with double wall until I transition to Class A at the ceiling and up through the roof. Thanks. CR

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. gpcollen1

gpcollen1 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Western CT
    I would use the Duravent DVL - you may already be using a different brand, I do not know. You would use the Durablack Stovetop adapter and then connect that to either Durablack [single wall] or DVL [double wall]. Since you want Double wall and have a rear exit, I would connect that stovetop adapter to a DVL Cleanout Tee and go straight up from there. If you are really set on using a 90 out of the back, you will still need an adapter to connect the 90. I think the issue you have is that they will not connect directly to the stove - and need an adapter.

For reference...

http://www.duravent.com/?page=6a1.php

http://www.duravent.com/pdf/catalogs/dvl_durablack09.pdf
  3. Eric Gradoia

Eric Gradoia New Member

Loc:
    N 42.83432 W 73.48513
    CT:

Thanks for the feedback. I was looking at the Dura-Vent double wall; that's where I saw it state not for rear exit apps. It didn't explain why. I'd rather skip the T for appearance/space reasons and just go with the elbow. I plan on having an adjustable length of pipe between the elbow and ceiling; I'll just pull that to clean it.

Cheers,

CR
  4. gpcollen1

gpcollen1 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Western CT
    If the elbow/tee is behind the stove, how will you see it or how will it interfere? It really makes sweeping the chimney a 5 minute job and all you have to do is disconnect the bottom cap on the tee with a few screws instead of trying to remove adjustable pipe that may not want to be that adjustable anymore.

I have some DVL left over from my install still in the box. I'll send you a PM.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.