1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

A balmy Southeast PA.

Post in 'The Inglenook' started by Paulywalnut, Dec 16, 2012.

1. Paulywalnut

Paulywalnut Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Kennett Square, PA
    Another day in the high 50- 60 range. I'm glad to save some oil but...
    I love burning that woodstove. Got a new Jotul Castine this year and I think
    we've fired it up three times so far. Got the old Fisher grama bear dinosour
    out and ready for the 21st century of woodstoves! Come on cold weather!

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. firefighterjake

firefighterjake Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Unity/Bangor, Maine
    Come north . . . 8-11 degrees depending on what thermometer you were looking at . . . I lit an outdoor fire for the guys working on my roof so they could warm up some since I felt guilty with the inside temps in the mid 70s.
    zap likes this.
  3. ScotO

ScotO Guest

Yep, it's gonna be another pathetic winter here in central PA, I fear. Seems like we run in 7-10 year cycles. Every 7 to 10 years we get one or two decent winters, the in-betweeners are rainy, muddy wet and gray. I have had the stove lit pretty much nonstop since late October, all except for a couple of those really warm days (let it go out then). But I have YET to put the really good wood in it and let it open up a bit. I've been running it almost shut the whole way down....
    Backwoods Savage likes this.
  4. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Michigan
    We hit 50 today.
  5. ScotO

ScotO Guest

I'm guessing we were close to or maybe even above 50-55 today. I want it to be a high in the low 20's......
  6. Hearth Mistress

Hearth Mistress Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Pt Pleasant, PA (SE PA)
    I just look at it an an opportunity to keep cutting and splitting :) my stove doesnt do well on "low" so while yes, it was 55 here today, the stove has been on since about 9am and its a nice 78 :) my dogs and hubby are upstairs where it is closer to 68 but I'm enjoying the warmth!
  7. BrotherBart

BrotherBart Hearth.com LLC Mid-Atlantic Division Staff Member

Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    We are in the 40's and rainy tonight. I am giving the wood pile a break and turned on the heaters. I am in no danger of being accused of not burning enough wood for heat in my life. ;lol

And at my age it ain't an opportunity to keep cutting and splitting, it is a pain in the ass and other body parts to keep cutting and splitting. <>
  8. begreen

begreen Mooderator Staff Member

Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA
    We're hovering right around 38-40F with a promise of winds and colder temps tomorrow. The stove has been running steadily since we got back from Maui.
  9. Paulywalnut

Paulywalnut Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Kennett Square, PA
    I like the local weather forecasters when they say "We will be getting a cold front next week
    dropping us to a bonechilling 32 degrees. What?