A challenge for the experts out there this time with a picture I hope

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tiltgyro

Hearth Supporter
Nov 16, 2008
MI
I posted this topic before but this time I think I figured out the picture problem. I need to identify my stove and find a manual for the specs. Its a free standing with a small blower in the back. Two glass doors, 7" pipe center top, two sliding draft openings, steel fire box with two outer walls spaced about 2". The blower is not the original but it blows air from the back through the outer wall then exits out the front where you see the steel mesh around the doors. A brand name and specs would be greatly appreciated or a site where I can download a manual. Thanks the picture is an attachment

Attachments

• doug4.jpg
    doug4.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 733
Much better! I closed the original thread so we're not running two threads about the same issue. Rick

ahhh, I think I know what that is..it's made by someone I think as a fireplace insert...ahhh, I sold one about 20 years ago. Cant think of the name. Fuego maybe?

Congrats on getting the picture posted. Sure looks like something that was meant to be inserted into a fireplace and not freestanding. Seems very close to the back wall too. I can understand the insurance co's concern. Is there any sort of tag or label on the back of the stove? There should be a UL plate back there.

thats the nice thing about this stove is that i can have a roaring fire and the outside is only warm to the touch. You can keep your hand on it indefinately. All the heat is in the front. thanks for all the replies. Still would like to get a manual for it. It works so good I hate to get rid of it.

Its a Fuego Flame fireplace insert. I tor the same exact thing out before installing my Summit inert.
Hate to be a spoiler, but they are junk, not meant for 24/7 heating, and do not heat much better than a fireplace.
Get a newer stove or insert and you will feel & see the difference.
They glow if ya try to heat your house with it, cause ya have to burn the hell out of it, and in time, it will warp.
Trust me, they are junk, no secondary burn.

Here is a link to their site. You have an older model, but same details.
http://fuegoflame.com

A good stove will heat much better. Is this thing even permitted to be used as a freestanding stove? Also, what is the flooring beneath the stove? Tile on cement floor?

BeGreen said:
A good stove will heat much better. Is this thing even permitted to be used as a freestanding stove? Also, what is the flooring beneath the stove? Tile on cement floor?
It comes as a Zero cleanrance & standard insert. I have yet to see one that is a free stander. Non on the site either.

im starting to wonder if someone made this into a free standing stove. If they did its certainly a good job. Im going to try to contact Fuego today to find some information. The stove sits on a 4" pedestool and then tile over cement board.

I called fuego flame directly and sent them pictures. they identified it as model bz-1 free standing zero clearance which was made during the 80's. They quickly sent the manuals, specs and fire testing results. Surprisingly all the parts are still available. Thanks for everybodys help and info. I guess we now can keep the gas man at bay.

Status
Not open for further replies.