A cold December to remember.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

buildingmaint

Feeling the Heat
Jan 19, 2007
Oil City PA
If not for tomorrows higher temps expected, this would of been the 10 th coldest December , according to National Fuel Gas weather calculators. I burnt 38 bags this month, and 63 bags so far this winter. The 38 bags match my high for bags used in December.

Reminds me of December '89, was very cold/snowy, then by Jan '90 it was very warm rest of winter, sold the snowmobile for a quad i remember.

Yup,
I am approching near a ton for the month of December...it was BONE CHILLING COLD HERE IN CENTRAL PA...and the WIND was relentless, this is the most I have ever burned in 1 month!

Well here it is getting a slight warmup, mid 40's next 3 days, it's almost 4am and i had to bump the stove down to a 2, i dont like to sleep when it's above 70 in my house and have a slight cold reason i'm up at this ungodly hour!!

Status
Not open for further replies.