1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

A fire in June?

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by Waulie, Jun 2, 2013.

1. Waulie

Waulie Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Nothern Lower Michigan
    It looks that way. High of 54 today (if it even actually gets there), cloudy, and a low of 36 tonight. House was 72 when I won't up as it was warm yesterday. It's down to 70 now and it looks like I'll be lighting up this evening. Since I'm sure I'll be burning in September, maybe I'll still get July and August off!
    ScotO, zap and PapaDave like this.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Sprinter

Sprinter Minister of Fire

Loc:
    SW Washington
    I was surprised, too, at how late we burned. It looks like three days ago will have been our last one (small one in the morning), but around here, you never know...
  3. northwinds

northwinds Minister of Fire

Loc:
    south central WI
    I'll probably light a small fire tonight to take the chill off the lower level. It's been chilly, cloudy and windy all day. Lower 40's tonight. I'm sure not turning on
    the furnace after having the AC running earlier in the week.
  4. nate379

nate379 Guest

Boiler is running today, 43* outside. Big change from in the 80s a few days ago. I think we had our 4-5 days of summer... sigh!
    Wildo and raybonz like this.
  5. jeff_t

jeff_t Minister of Fire

Loc:
    SE MI
    Had a fire last year in June.

Do you have frost advisories for tonight, Waulie? I see them posted for the other side, where our place is near Rogers City.
  6. Waulie

Waulie Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Nothern Lower Michigan
    No frost warnings yet. If it's 50 or lower at 9:00 pm, I'm covering what I can!
  7. PapaDave

PapaDave Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northern MI - in the mitten
    Forecast for 33 tonight and tomorrow night. Frost warnings, so we just went and covered stuff after a brief trip to Gaylord.
    Wife said we don't need a fire, but the house temp has been dropping all day (just shut the windows too).
    We'll see.
  8. Locust Post

Locust Post Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northeast Ohio
    No frost on the horizon here but 50 tonight and 45 forcast for tomorrow night. NG boiler will be on.....no fires in this house until fall. Will have some nice ones in the pit this week though. Took the week off and no plans except do what ever the little misses and I want.
    DexterDay likes this.
  9. Hearth Mistress

Hearth Mistress Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Pt Pleasant, PA (SE PA)
    This is A first for me...same week...fire in the woodstove Monday (memorial day)....air conditioner on by Thursday! :eek:
  10. Wildo

Wildo Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    jackmanistan, maine
    Move to Maine. Our summer lasts 16 days. Wait till next year since we used ours up a few weeks ago.:(
  11. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Michigan

NOAA has said patchy frost. I'm not starting a fire tonight but might in the morning.
  12. BrotherBart

BrotherBart Hearth.com LLC Mid-Atlantic Division Staff Member

Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    Happens darn near every year here. Last year was our first real spring in 12 years. We are just coming off of four days in the nineties with high humidity. Had a fire five days ago.
  13. firefighterjake

firefighterjake Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Unity/Bangor, Maine
    Nate's originally from The County . . . still has relatives up that way.
  14. thewoodlands

thewoodlands Minister of Fire

I think we might get down in the high 30's tonight, we just might burn up the pine splits we brought in about two weeks ago.
  15. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Michigan
    Did have a light frost this morning. Probably patchy so some got it and some didn't. We did not light a fire this morning either. Temp rebounded to 68 this afternoon and a bit breezy. Actually quite a nice day.
  16. Waulie

Waulie Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Nothern Lower Michigan
    Yup, I lied. I didn't end up lighting one either. I just couldn't bring myself to do it. It was chilly this morning, but not too terrible. As for the frost, my beans say it did not but my cucumbers and zucs say it absolutely did. :mad: Oh well, they just sprouted anyway so I only lost about 12 days. I'm covering the beans tonight!
  17. Ram 1500 with an axe...

Ram 1500 with an axe... Minister of Fire

Loc:
    New Jersey
    June, July And August, are great months to have a fire.....:) image.jpg
    Trilifter7, Billybonfire and tfdchief like this.
  18. DevilsBrew

DevilsBrew Minister of Fire

beautiful fireplace.

In the low 40s here.
  19. Locust Post

Locust Post Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northeast Ohio
    Very nice outdoor fireplace Ram.......and a very nice looking pooch DevilsBrew
  20. Ram 1500 with an axe...

Ram 1500 with an axe... Minister of Fire

Loc:
    New Jersey
    Thank you very much guys, it got great use this chilly may near dusk, was able to stay warm as kids toasted marshmallows, was always a shame to put out fire to go inside....Wednesday on my day off it will be fired up, just for the heck of it, and may cook lunch if I am able to get to it...
  21. DevilsBrew

DevilsBrew Minister of Fire

I used to have a husky that looked almost exactly like that avatar. If I was to ever get another dog, then I would get that breed. (A stray from the pound)
  22. Todd

Todd Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Lake Wissota
    I gave in this morning and fired up the Keystone. Only in the 50's yesterday and looks to be the same today.
  23. MishMouse

MishMouse Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Verndale, MN
    I saw on the news last night that we had 15 days of sunshine since Spring officially started.
  24. bag of hammers

bag of hammers Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northern ON
    Good for you - and all those who rescue / adopt animals. If you can, taking the pooch from the pound to a warm spot by the hearth is a pretty nice thing to do.
    DevilsBrew likes this.